Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Judder During Idle After Start Up - Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Judder During Idle After Start Up - Help!!!

Hi all

So I just bought a 2002 Freelander TD4 GS with 57,000 on the clock, FSH and 1 previous owner. The vehicle has come from a reputable dealer, with a full service, full new MOT and a comprehensive 3 month warranty.

Before taking delivery of the vehicle the dealer had to replace the in fuel tank pump after diagnosing it as the fault due to engine warning lights.

After driving the 30 miles home, then going back to use the car 2 hours later. On starting the car from cold the car started juddering and shaking as if it was going to stall. It didn't actually stall, and after around 10 mins driving it seemed fine.

However, it is now doing the same thing every time it's started, cold or otherwise and it's taking longer to rectify after setting off.

Now two new issues have come up. One is when I switch the engine off there is a whirring sound for about 30 seconds coming from the engine bay. It sounds a bit like some one parked around 20 yards away has there engine revved at 2000rpm constantly.

Secondly, there is a clacking sound coming from towards the rear of the vehicle. It sounds like something trying to pump something, but its running dry.

I'd be really grateful for any advice regards what this may be so when I return it under warranty for repair I have an idea if they diagnose it correctly.

Many thanks

Old 02-17-2013, 06:55 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently purchased a 2002 Range Rover HSE and Im experiencing problems with theair springs. They're up and down. Mostly down. There's an pix of thevehicle with an arrow poinging up. Help