Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Rough idle and driving, MAF sensor error

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:42 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rough idle and driving, MAF sensor error

Greetings,

I have a 2002 Freelander s v6.

Every once in a while when I punched it I would get a hard hesitation and it would turn the service engine light on. Upon restarting the car it went away.

One day while going up hill and giving it a little more gas the engine sputtered and now continues to have a rough idle and drive. The engine light is now on for good.

I got the code 1472 along with other misfire codes. I changed the VIS motor, a suspected bad coil pack, fuel pump recall and some fuel injectors.

I still have the rough ride but not as much as before. I now receive only one code regarding the MAF Sensor. I cleaned the MAF sensor and it still has problems. BUT when I disconnect the MAF sensor there is no change in the way it runs. I would suspect it to run a little differently?

Any help would be super duper greatly appreciated! She has been sitting for a year and a half.

Old 08-31-2019, 06:54 PM
1st Gear
Default Update

Did you get this fixed? I’m having the same problems.

Originally Posted by Chimchase
Greetings,

I have a 2002 Freelander s v6.

Every once in a while when I punched it I would get a hard hesitation and it would turn the service engine light on. Upon restarting the car it went away.

One day while going up hill and giving it a little more gas the engine sputtered and now continues to have a rough idle and drive. The engine light is now on for good.

I got the code 1472 along with other misfire codes. I changed the VIS motor, a suspected bad coil pack, fuel pump recall and some fuel injectors.

I still have the rough ride but not as much as before. I now receive only one code regarding the MAF Sensor. I cleaned the MAF sensor and it still has problems. BUT when I disconnect the MAF sensor there is no change in the way it runs. I would suspect it to run a little differently?

Any help would be super duper greatly appreciated! She has been sitting for a year and a half.

Old 09-01-2019, 11:07 AM
2nd Gear
Default Update

Hi, I wasn’t able to resolve the issue. I believe the problem was internal and would cost a lot of money to replace all of the parts. I recommend finding a way to sell it unless you are in love with it. I’m sorry you are having this issue as well. Good luck!