Freelander Talk about the Land Rover Freelander within.

Warning lights Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 08:47 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning lights Problem

Hi can anyone advise?
I own a Freelander 2.0 Xedi.
Tonight for some reason my Traction control, ABS, & Hillcent Decline warning lights All stay on after start up.I have looked in my owners manual and its says if the don't go out after a few seconds after turning the ignition key, then there is a problem! The three lights are coloured Amber now stay on all the time. If you select Hillcent Decline and 1st gear the Green Hillcent decline light will not light up. When you apply the Brakes hard you Can feel the ABS working under the brake pedal.The only thing that has change from Normal is that the weather is very cold below 0c and icy.This has never happened before and is got me puzzled.?
Regards
Chris K

Old 12-19-2005, 01:38 AM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warning lights Problem

I have almost the same problem. I replaced the brake light switch to see if that would fix it and it didn't. I haven't had a chance to take my freelander in yet to an authorized service dealer. My lights would stay on all the time, but the difference is that my abs light did not come on. When my orange hill descent light and the traction control light is on i don't have front winshield wipers or brake lights. I believe that it may be a relay switch but don't know for certain. A local repair shop got an electronic diagram for the vehicle but told me that he wasn't familiar enough with land rovers to work on it. If you figure out the problem or if anyone else knows how to fix this please inform me as well.

thanks gregory