General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

00' Range Rover 4.6 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzz
How many miles are on it? I still don't get why you want to rebuild it over an oil leak? You said that the compression was good, leakdown was fine and that it runs well. Doesn't sound like an engine that needs a rebuild to me.
There are 130k on it.. And man the only reason I'm thinking about rebuilding it, is because it was almost ran dry of oil.. I

Even if it was for a min. The coating could have come off the bearing, I think i'm going to pop off a main cap or 2 and have a look. same with a rod bearing.. I need to do an Oil pan gasket anyways..

I'll Update when I've gotten into it, Probably not until this after this weekend, Deer season opens up this weekend

Old 10-14-2009, 10:31 PM
Rock Crawling

I think you are probably going to be ok. If you had 3.5 quarts your sump never went dry and you should have had adequate pressure the whole time. I wouldn't be concerned unless she was doing a lot of high speed cornering or climbing incredibly steep inclines. Other than that it is unlikely that it ever ran dry. I'm not recommending that you run around intentionally with only 3.5 quarts but one time probably didn't hurt it. Now if you wife drives like I do you might have a problem.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 PM
Three Wheeling
Default Update.....

Finally got time to dig into this mess, thank god for having extra cars

It was really tough so far

Fan came right off * having the right tools is always great*

I put the Rover crank pulley holder on, and got out my big breaker bar..

after about 15 seconds of pressure on the breaker bar, one bolt snapped that holds the pulley holder tool on..

I guess I'm going to take the radiator out, and just put a impact on the crank bolt...

Old 10-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Three Wheeling

Ok Got everything off, yes the front seal was torn to pieces..

Got the broken bolt out of the Pulley

Put everything back together last night, Filled her up with water..

Started right up, had horrible lifter tick... It's sat for a little over 2 weeks now.. So I let the motor heat up and the lifter filled back up and she is running just fine now..

So all said and done for now, and the Mrs. is just going to drive it till the motor pops.. And I will just have one waiting to go in it..

Thanks for all your help