General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Rover Sagging on drivers side backend...???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 02:13 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 03 Rover Sagging on drivers side backend...???

Hi,

So my 03 range rover hse is sagging really low over the drivers side back tire. It is when I leave it in the garage for just a day or two and it's only that side over that one tire. What could this be...I hope it's not my EAS..

btw- It goes back to normal when I drive it and there are no error messages...

Old 01-08-2010, 10:33 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if you have just one side that will sag if sitting for a couple days then you probably have a leak in the bag. It will return to normal when driving but it may be running the comressor more than normal trying to keep it full. When it first starts it may be that bad but the compressor can run too much and then quit. I suggest getting under the truck and looking at the bags, look for cracks and small pin hole leaks. If you need a new one then replace them in pairs, try Arnott Springs for replacements, you can find them in their ebay store as well.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:58 AM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

spray the bag down with soapy water to see if any bubbles.

Old 01-09-2010, 10:25 AM
4wd Low

Ok thanks! Sorry if this sounds dumb but does this mean the EAS is going out? Everyone always says that's the biggest thing to watch out for in the Rover. Or is this just part of it? And is this something that a local shop could possibly do....is it easy? Or should the rover dealer do it?

Thanks for the help I am definately not mechanical...

-Sarah

Old 01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
4wd Low

One more thing..what is it that I am exactly looking for to replace? Is it the bag or the air suspension coils? Could you please put a link? Ugh I feel so stupid in this department! I guess that is why mechanics can get away with a lot with women sometimes...

Old 01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
TReK

spray down the right side bags to see a leak. if you see a leak then replace the bag. Arnott industries sells just the bag if you want it. And no coils in a Rover. Just airbags.
any shop can do the repair. its not bad. if the light stays on then go to the dealer to get it cleared but only if it stays on. In other words don't wait too long.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Drifting

you can get an EAS reset buddy to get the light off easily, but you should definitely get the bag replaced if you need to. I'm learning all this stuff myself!

Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you spray down the bags do it in all height positions. I had a bag that would leak only in one setting and not the others. They are really easy to replace especially on the back. If you buy from Arnott they will send instructions with the bags and they are easy to follow. It took me about 20 minutes to replace the bags on my 97'.

Old 01-12-2010, 06:05 AM
TReK
Old 01-17-2010, 08:50 PM
4wd Low

Ok thanks, it is the rear air bag or I think "bellow" and when I look on the arnott website I can only find the front ones. Please help with a link exactly to what I need. Thanks so much! -Sarah

Quick Reply: 03 Rover Sagging on drivers side backend...???