General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'03 RR Alarm Keeps Going Off; HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 07:50 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '03 RR Alarm Keeps Going Off; HELP!

I am currently at the point where I can not arm my alarm on my '03 RR due to the alarm going off for seemingly no reason in my drive way. It has done the same thing at Barnes and Noble as well as Publix supermarket. I am certain my neighbors are ready to throw eggs at me sine the alarm went off again this morning at 5:00 AM (my drive way comes up the side of the house and my neighbor's master BR is facing that side). The alarm does not go off every time that it is armed, something is triggering it. Needless to say, I do not believe that anyone is after my RR, since it will also do it during the day at times (I work from home). I live at the end of my neighborhood, so there are no through streets where anyone could try to steal the car and take off without noticing. Besides, My 2 dogs let me know if anyone if walking or driving near the house.

I have an extended warrantee on it, so I am ready to bring it to the dealer, but hate taking it in to them. Ugh!

Any thoughts?

Old 01-31-2009, 02:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: '03 RR Alarm Keeps Going Off; HELP!

If you have an old and/or dying battery it can cause alarm issues. Also, I would check the RF receiver mounted at the top pf tailgate to ensure good connections and no signs of damage (water or otherwise).

Regards

Old 01-31-2009, 04:28 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '03 RR Alarm Keeps Going Off; HELP!

Well I went over proactively to apologize to my neighbors about my alarm going off this morning at 5:00 AM. They were good sports about it, but let me know it actually went off 3 times last night/ this AM. OMG!

Battery was just replaced last week, however this issue would happen periodically when we would get the car back from dealer service. All of a sudden the alarm would go off and then it would seem to go away (the issue). I actually got to the point before where I called the dealer and was ready to bring it in and it stopped doing it.

Also, Just went to Barnes and Noble again... came out of the store to find my alarm singing. This is great!