General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 Range Rover Sport starting issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:02 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Range Rover Sport starting issue

I wanted to share my experience with my random non-start issue the past few months.
It started a few months back, the truck would start normal, with no issues. One morning I start the truck, I hear a tick, and It wouldn't crank. Sounds like a starter issue??? I reset the battery by removing both battery terminal, for a few mins and put back on. Truck will start. The issue would go away for a month. A month later the issue comes back. I reset the battery again, and it worked again. I do this for a couple months. The past weeks, it's gotten worse, and after two start cycle, you have to reset the battery. I bought a OBD scanner. I got a P0430, P0435 code. It looks like a camshaft position sensor, or crankshaft sensor. I went to my local auto parts store, because the dealers prices are to high. I replace the 2 camshaft sensors first, no luck. I then replace the crankshaft sensor. It would start normal for half the day, and the next morning same issue. I was beyond confused and pissed.

I go through a checklist of non-start

-Starter - I had the starter replace at the dealer 2 years ago.
-solenoid-good
-alternator- good
- grounding cable- good
-Battery- replace 6 months ago
- Battery terminal-clean
-relay- good
-fuse !!!!!!
the issue for my truck ended up being the relay fuses. I had a minor leak through the A pillar awhile back, and maybe got wet, or damped near the fuse box. The fuse I swapped out were in slot 60, and 25 with 5A fuses. The fuse wasn't broken, but was very dirty with corrosion. I cleaned the slots, and replace with new fuses. The truck has been good for a while.

Last edited by the24phone; 06-22-2016 at 11:06 AM.