General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Range Rover broke down

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 94 Range Rover broke down

I am needing some guidance on my 94 Range Rover. I think this is the order of how things went down..... 4 months ago.... The AC quit working, so I put it in the shop. I was told the Fuse Box was fried. They replaced that and then the car still would not start. So they replaced the Body Processor Module (refurbished). Then I was told I needed a new starter. Replaced that. Then I was told the BPM was faulty, so they returned it and got a replacement. Then they said I needed a new key to program the car or something like that (something about security issues; locked out of vehicle; thinks it's stolen?). Ordered a new key from the dealership. They programmed the key; car still would not start. They said I needed an ECM (something like that), replaced that. Programmed again; car tried to start; wouldn't turn over; that was a Friday; on Monday morning; totally lost all they had accomplished on Friday. Now it seems the BPM is once again bad. They are talking to the guy to see if he can replace it again. Now they are stating it may be an electrical issue. When I took the car in..... it ran; just no AC. Now it won't even start! Please help! I have no idea what I should do at this point. So much has been put in to the car already. I am totally wondering if they did not put the wrong fusebox in the vehicle. Ideas???

Old 10-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this a shop that has any experience working on Rovers? It sounds to me like they fried your electrical system and are blindly chasing electrical gremlins. I would get the truck towed out of there now, I also wouldn't pay for any of the work besides the A/C job. They should foot the bill for the electrical repairs as well but good luck proving that they screwed it up.