General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ABS light

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:57 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light

Just had my abs light and TC light illuminate. What could be the problem and do the make a aftermarket code reader/scanner that is somewhat affordable for a 2001 discovery? Thanks

Scot

Old 06-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Overlanding
Default RE: ABS light

Hi Scot
There could be a major system problem or perhaps something simpler. rovacom do a system for code reading which is the only one I have seen, I have it and its good but not cheap. Excuse my ignorance but TC?? light. For the ABS light I would go round each wheel sensor which is a push in on my older model not sure what it is on 2001 but just pull out clean and refit make sure they go all the way in then back off fraction of mm. If you have recently had the pads replaced or any work under neath the car or been off road then check the wiresback to the control unit. Try this page as well there's some interesting stuff here

http://www.rangie.com/articles_topic.php?cat=1&subCat=1

Good Luck
JJ

Old 06-20-2005, 09:57 AM
6th Gear
Default RE: ABS light

Hi!
Teel me something more about your Discovery. Has it got Air suspension or not. If something happend, if a fault is stored, both lights/ TC and ABS/ comes on. Sometimes this is connected with the Air Suspension 'cause these systems can not work separately. It is good first to go somewhere to read the stored faults, and then we can discuss further the problem .

Sorry about my English.