General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air suspension not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 09:29 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air suspension not working

1999 range rover p38 4.6 air suspension wont go up the light is on as it is going up but the pump is not running I'v checked relays and fuse there are no faults on dash

Old 06-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donijr
1999 range rover p38 4.6 air suspension wont go up the light is on as it is going up but the pump is not running I'v checked relays and fuse there are no faults on dash
Have you checked to see if you have voltage to the pump ? You can swap the pump relay with another of the same designation from the relay panel to test it out. Is the light flashing or remaining solidly lit ? Without more information it is pretty hard to diagnose the exact cause of your problem.

Old 06-30-2009, 03:38 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i swaped the relays and still dont work then i manualy started the pump via power supply and it did start the pump "manualy" the light at the bottm is on solid and the hiway light is just flashing but wont go up and pump wont trun on

Old 07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Donijr
i swaped the relays and still dont work then i manualy started the pump via power supply and it did start the pump "manualy" the light at the bottm is on solid and the hiway light is just flashing but wont go up and pump wont trun on
I would suspect the EAS driver box but for a cheap fix you could go with a "MARS" recovery system. This little widget tees into your existing air lines and allows you to manually raise the suspension to the desired height via a standard airline. A great device that will get you out of trouble and allow you to use the vehicle untill a permanent fix can be made, of course, it does rely on your air bags and lines having no major leaks.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Before you give up or do a conversion. go to RSWSOLUTIONS.COM and read about what Storey has developed to correct your problem

Old 07-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would do what DiscoMilke said. I just used the program for my system and it worked great. You can manually start the pump and fill the tank and so forth and also reset everything. I bet you do that and it will work just fine.