General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Airbag Fault

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 03:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airbag Fault

I'm sorry to have to inform you of this--- but the Land Rover product line manufactured after 1995 does not lend itself to diagnosis and repair of electrical gremlins by the home mechanic/owner. The scanners used to extract the fault codes from the various sensor, control units, and the main computer ---cost in the range of $10,000-15,000USD and are a investment the better independent shops and dealers make to assist in servicing these vehicles. If you call around, ask the shops if they have a Autologic, Testbook, or Rovacomm unit. Only then can you get the codes that point to a specific sensor or circuit as used in the ABS Brake, Air suspension, Safety restraint system, etc.

The OBDII scanners commonly found at auto parts stores, and neighborhood garages can only read engine-related fault codes.

regards,

Geoman

www.eurotekapg.com

serving the do-it-yourself Land Rover owner/enthusiast

Old 12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No thats cool thanks.. i found that out yesterday... how about the manual? what is the best oem shop manual for the 2000 range rover?thanks for the time.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:52 PM
3rd Gear

MY 2000 RR HSE 4.6 got the same airbag fault message as well right after i took if for an alignment. SRS (in red) is also on.
anynews yeton how anybody got this issue resolved?

Old 05-20-2007, 11:00 AM
3rd Gear

never mind, it went away after 1 day. i woder what caused it?

Old 07-05-2007, 03:40 AM
Mudding

on my RR 98 all i did was change the gage light and went uder the driverside seat to clean put the messand put everything back SRS light comes on what can cause this i disconnect the battery nothing drove for ten min lights still on.

Old 07-05-2007, 07:01 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Send me your tele number and I'll call you and go thru thecodes and issues with you.
Mike
mikeljacobs@comcast.net

Old 07-05-2007, 05:13 PM
Mudding

thanks mike

Old 07-06-2007, 02:34 PM
4wd Low

Hello all, Im new to this site, but not landrovers..particularly disco's. I have recently experienced the same issues with the SRS and air bag fault message displayed in my 01 HSE that a couple of you guys have mentioned. It happened immediatly after cleaning the carpets, I suppose its possible that(1)some cleaner got into something electrical under the drivers seat. Or possibly (2) by moving the seat to the formost from the usual rearposition may have unsecured a connection. From my understanding, researching,the computer for these functions reside under the drivers seat. Any one have an Idea what may fix this issue other that take to the dealer, I have moved away from my dealer, and think this may be a simple matter if there is such a thing. thanks for any input.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 AM
4wd Low

SRS airbag fault gone, hopefully for good. For what its worth, Ilooked under each front seat. I was looking for yellow coated wiring which is common for the SRS system. With the key out of the ignition, I disconnected and cleaned with compressed air each of the two terminals, one for each seat. I further looked for a pinch in the line which connects the two, a rather tight fit under the seat brackets cant say for sure if its pinched or not, just tried to gently tug on the line. Made sure that under full movement of the seats the wires we not affected by moving parts. Inserted the key, and the SRS airbag fault was gone. Hope this helps someone.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Drifting

http://www.landrover.ee/est/files/manuals/cars/rr2/Workshop%20Manual%20RR-P38%20%20(LRL0326ENG).pdf

try this

Quick Reply: Airbag Fault