General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth Telephone

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth Telephone

For your information, I had a '05 and now have a '07 RR and have cingular as a carrier for my cell, I have tried many different bluetooth phones and found the cingular 3125 phone to be the best performing so far, it also acts like a pda so you can store all your contacts, appointments etc. thru microsoft outlook on my office computer, the connection is generaly clear and I have had no problems with it, please feel free to ask any questions

Old 06-19-2007, 07:22 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Bluetooth Telephone

Any tips on how to store phone numbers in the car's memory? I have a new '07 Sport, and after connecting my phone to the car via bluetooth, I am not able to store any number sin the car. The manual says that the car cannot store numbers when the phone is connected by bluetooth. Does this make any sense? I heard you could store numbers by speaking them into the voice recognition system. Does this work? Is there a simpler solution (without needing to pick up the phone to dial a call)?

thanks

Old 06-19-2007, 09:28 PM
4wd Low
Default RE: Bluetooth Telephone

Bluewire, when your phone is connected using bluetooth your only option to store #'s is to use voice recognition I had found that the truck did not always recognize what I was asking it to dial so I purchased the hardmount telephone (in the armrest) and this allowed me to store #'s in the phone itself and I could access them thru the screen but the phone was not easily removed to deem it portable, so I ended up with a cingular 3125 phone, it is about the size of the motorola razor and it allows me to store my phone book along with other palm features thru microsoft outlook on my home computer, and using bluetooth it is very clear and not that hard to access phone #'s while driving