LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 09:25 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)

Has anyone enabled the bluetooth phone options on LR3 after purchase? If yes what was the cost?

Old 09-28-2005, 02:30 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)

ahhh...... it is a mother f**ck*n b*tch... sorry not one to swear on public boards but coming from a tech it is very involved... dont know prices exactly but the labor that is involved cant be cheap

Old 10-01-2005, 09:45 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres where you get F--Ked the assembly is around 300 to install its just a pin in set, the problem is the phones dont work your better off trying a local adware store (i am ashamed to say it) but they can do it half the price and the s--t will work, I cant figure the Jag system no problem

Old 10-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Recovery Vehicle

hell, just do what we in texas do, answer the damn phone and drive at the same time, it couldn't be more hard than chewing gum and walking at the same time.

if your state has laws against it, move to texas, we are your refuge!

Old 12-12-2005, 08:21 PM
gbh
4th Gear

Actually I just got an 06' HSE that works fine with no additional equipment on my Motorola V551. My salesmen originally had told me that it would not work without the kit. Well it does work. Spoke with him today and he said he was just informed that HSE that were made in the summer forward will now work without an additional kit.

Old 12-14-2005, 02:54 AM
2nd Gear

I purchased an 05 HSE that was in the showroom recently and inquired about adding the Bluetooth Phone option. The dealer gave me a quote of 650.00 installed. My local dealer is Land Rover Massapequa in Long Island NY.

Dennis

Old 12-14-2005, 11:18 PM
3rd Gear

i am getting it put in. they told me 700 so we haggled it into the price. i won't be able to give you much of an update. i do not have a BT phone yet. but i figured it would be in the next phone.

Old 12-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Overlanding

Why don't you folks just get a wireless earpiece when you get the bluetooth phone? That's what we did. It's a LOT cheaper than installing the kit in the LR3 and works great. Frankly, we've had enough problems with this car. We didnt' really want to ask for more by having the front end taken apart just to install a luxury item.

Old 12-30-2005, 12:48 AM
5th Gear

My dealer wanted $900 for the install + parts. I bought my wife a BT headset instead.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 PM
3rd Gear

Jay
i have gotten my dealer installed bluetooth. i do not have a phone of rit yet but i did try it with another phone. the (verizon) RAZR phone worked fine. it connected everytime. i stored a few name/numbers in the system to try all the features. the only problem i had was hanging up when i tried the end call button, it did not hang up but if i pulled both of them together, it hung up fine.
i have heard that a number of people have had success as well. i do not get caller ID or anything like that but that may be due to verizon.
hope that helps
the dog

Quick Reply: LR3 Phone Enable (bluetooth)