General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Climate console LCD display Pooping, anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 04:38 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climate console LCD display Pooping, anyone?

Hi, I heard the small LCD display that is in climate control console rarely works fine. I had couple of Audis before and all of them had the same problem (some sooner than others).

My 01 RR has this problem now. It's not completely fading or dark, so it isnot a problem with the bulbs that are behind the console.

It is actually the numbers and parts of the display that seems to not work. Likethe part where it says the outside temp, I just see a little line.Andfrom the temp numbers I can only guess what temp is actually showing since I justseelines here and there.

I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? and if you know how to fix it? can you actually buy another LCD display? orwould have to buy the entire console again?

I will be chacing the bulbs behind the climate control console because some of them are burned, so I was wondering if there is something I can do about the LCD, or am I doomed to guess the temperature my whole life?