General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple more questions for all of you smart ppl!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 05:20 PM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple more questions for all of you smart ppl!

Question 1

I recentley disconnected my battery and now whenever i start the car the radio has a message on it like "Code in" or something and it still doesnt work . So does anybody know what the hell im supposed to do with that? Im sure the answer is pretty easy and ill look dumb when somebody
answers it but for now it sucks having no radio.

Question 2

Does anyoneknow a site to get a good price on a coil spring conversion kit.? Im looking for cheap but still decent quality (if there is such a thing). And ifanyone who did it themselvescould fill me in on about how long it took / how difficult it was that'd be great! thanks for all your help!

Old 01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
Mudding
Default RE: Couple more questions for all of you smart ppl!

You need to enter in the radio code. Should be in the owners manual or in the glove box, If not, go a dealer and pray that the code is still in the computer

Old 01-10-2007, 10:15 PM
8th Gear

Ok great. So is there 1 code for my year/model RR ,Or is it different for every truck?

Old 01-10-2007, 10:42 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Yup, every radio has a different code. There should be a small card with the radio's reset code on it in the car somewhere. The general wisdom when these cars were new was that you should not have that card in your car, but now that old radios like these just aren't stolen, there's no harm in keeping it there. However, some previous owner may still have the card for your radio.

Sometimes the reset code will be written on the case of the radio where you can see it when it is removed. That totally defeats the purpose of the code, but repair technicians hate to have to go looking for the code, so they often take shortcuts like that.

Some automakers track the reset codes for their cars so they can be looked up with the car's VIN. If you've got a Land Rover dealer nearby, give them a call to see if they have that reset code on file.

Scott

Old 01-13-2007, 12:30 AM
Drifting

When I bought my Rover the radio needed the code, and I didn't have it (nor did the place I bought it from). I called Land Rover of Manhattan and the guy in service I talked to gave me the code right over the phone, I just had to give him my VIN. Now, if your radio has been swapped, then you will need to remove the radio, get the serial number off of it, and then call the dealer and ask for that information.

As far as the coil spring conversion: Why are you wanting to convert? I just redid the air system in my truck. It's a bit of a pain, but at least it maintains the proper system functionality, and in my eye the air suspension really is useful. If nothing else, It's nice when driving my fiancee around to be able to lower the suspension when she gets in and out, and then raise it again for off-roading and such. Plus, I consider air springs to be far, far safer than coil springs when you have to do maintenance. Once the air is out of them, you can simply compress them with your hands and you're done. Coils don't quite do that. But, that's just my opinion.