General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did Land rover make a RRC County LSE for america??????

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 PM
Ali
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did Land rover make a RRC County LSE for america??????

I am throughly confused. I have done a lot of research and know that supposedly LSE's were only called that outside of the US, and they were called LWB here. However, I have what appears to be a 1992 Range Rover Classic LSE SWB (Left Hand Drive). The car is all original and has never been repainted, hit in the rear, etc. It simply has a Land Rover badge on the Left side of the rear gate and a LSE on the right side that appears to be correctly placed and it looks likt it has been there since day one.

Here are the interesting points- the seats appear to be correct with the darker piping, the car is painted Cornish Cream (which was supposedly only available on the LSE), it is a SWB (100") vehicle not LWB as they are supposed to be

BUT....According to veryone and their mom they did not have an American LSE.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Old 06-10-2007, 02:59 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: Did Land rover make a RRC County LSE for america??????

I actually own one. It is Cornish Cream with piped leather. I read a post somewhere that there was agreen version as well, but I have never seen one.

Here is the qoute from RRnet:

"County LSE:
County LSE (Light Stone Edition) was a limited edition of 400, and was the top of the line model (the model is not listed in the Kelley Blue Book). The County LSE model cost more than the County and had American Walnut on both shift ***** in addition to all the places the County had burlwood. LSE models were painted Cornish Cream or Brooklands Green and had the letters LSE on the left side of the tailgate (they did not have any County badges at all). The seats were “Lightstone” Leather with piping. They had front and rear rock guards and five spoke wheels, some LSE models had the wheel s chrome plated by the U.S. Dealers. (The U.S. LSE models all had the 100” wheelbase and were different from the County LSE models in Europe that all had the 108” wheelbase)"

Scott

Old 06-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Ali
Overlanding
Default RE: Did Land rover make a RRC County LSE for america??????

Thanks Scott! I have since confirmed and have some literature from Land Rover on it. If you want me to forward it let me know.

Good luck!

Ali