General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

eas again

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:06 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eas again

Ok this must be the year for eas questions. Just bought a 2002 range rover with 107k 2 weeks ago. Its down to the bumpers, I've been reading advice from Idevine and have decided to keep air shocks. Heres my question howdo I isolate what the problem is? I can hear the pump run. I'm pretty good with mechanical skills, have changed shocks and brakes on different cars, any advice. thanks

Old 01-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: eas again

Stop driving it! Or lock the height! If your bags are leaking but your compressor is still running, youre doing pretty good! I blew my compressor by continuing to try and drive it while the bags were leaking.

Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
Drifting

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Stop driving it! Or lock the height! If your bags are leaking but your compressor is still running, youre doing pretty good! I blew my compressor by continuing to try and drive it while the bags were leaking.
How do you lock the height?
, I have a 96 RR.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
Drifting

thanks wolfpack, I'm going to jack it up by it frame tommorow and visually inspect the rear bags.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Rock Crawling

Congratulations on the new P38! Hope you got a steal on it since it's already on the bumpstops [:@]. Good news is if it's just the bags, after you've replaced them, you shouldn't have to worry about it for quite a while.

Let us know what you discover. Bags should always be the first thing you check like Wolf suggested. And that is great news the compressor is working. You can lock the height with the button next to the EAS height switch.. although I think it will still try raising it to get it off the bumpstops. Does it give you a message on the instrument cluster? And it would help if you could describe the EAS rocker switch (flashing, all lights lite up, etc). There are two different fault modes with the EAS system and one is a bit more of a pain.

Since can change shocks and brakes chances are you can handle the EAS system with a little reading.

Regards

Old 01-10-2009, 10:01 AM
Drifting

thanks idevine, will check the bags first. The height indicator is blinking, I originally thought if I raised the vehicle a little the bags would refill, they didnt but the indicator light quit blinking whilst it was raised. so i think the height sensor is also working. I'lladvise after i inspect the bags.

Old 01-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

here is some help with your issues. http://www.rswsolutions.com/media.htm

Old 01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Rock Crawling

Good link skyguy

I'd recommend, to anyone who owns a P38 and plans to do EAS work themself, investing in a cable... be it making one yourself or buying one of the pre-made ones. It will save you a lot of time and heartache if/when you have an EAS problem down the road.

Old 01-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Drifting

I checked the bags and they were just as they were cracked just like the ones on the video. Ordered new ones from arnott already.Will post when ive installed, thanks to idevine and sky guy for all your help, owning my p38 just got alot less scary. bobco

Old 01-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Rock Crawling

Good to hear! If you run into any installation problems just let us know.

And a tip... use lithium grease on the o-rings and the collet when you put the new bags in. It really helps form a good connection between the line and bag. When I did my bags I was so frustrated that one kept leaking no matter what I did, even put an old bag back on a couple times until someone suggested lithium grease. Wish I had thought of it before wasting quite a few painful hours troubleshooting...

Quick Reply: eas again