General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EAS Fault???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default EAS Fault???

As we were driving back home last night from Lake Charles the EAS Fault came on the dash.
The ride was still good until we stopped and turn off the engine to see what's wrong. As we sat there the air system slowly went down to the bottom.
We started up again and headed for home the air system, with the EAS Fault on the dash, we were riding on a bronco for the last 50 miles on I-10.
We should have not truned off the engine.
What can I look at to inspect the air system to see any damage or failure. I have the Land Rover CD for inspection and information. It tells me where everything is, but it's not a trouble shooting help.

HELP Please, I've called the Dealer in Baton Rouge but that's 60 miles away. I don't enjoy the bronco ride anymore, I'm too old, and it's too dangerous to drive 35mph on the interstate.[&o]

Old 01-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Mudding
Default RE: EAS Fault???

Also the system was flat, front and back, on the frame.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a failed compressor, Probably due to a slow leak in the air system. When it says Fault, it means the system detects a catastrophic failure somewhere in the system, and resorts to the 'limp home' mode, all the way down to bump stops.

First off, how many miles on your Rover, and what year?

Once it goes into fault mode however, it becomes very difficult to actually test the system since all corners are deflated. My '01 failed at 81k miles, and my sequence of events was leaking rear bag caused compressor over-work, caused the compressor to burn out, tripped EAS Fault, and all bags deflated.

There is a manual override you can do that causes the compressor to run and by-pass the fault to see if your bags are ok. I would only reccomend attempting that if you've got a significantly less amount of miles than 80k, or else its very probable a bag is toast.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Mudding

I wish I had tried that test before today. This morning we got up at 4:30am and drove the RR about 75 miles on interstate 10 to the dealer. I never want to ride that bronco again, so we ordered the Spring Replacements.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:41 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Definitely the right choice I think. Yes you lose a factory option, but for longevity's sake, and for peace of mind, I like the coil conversion. Also you get a minor (2' or so) lift out of it, so you get a little better view of the road.