General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Extended Warranty Company which one should I go with?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Extended Warranty Company which one should I go with?

I have 2007 RR with about 41K. I am pretty sure I want to keep the car for another 3 years at least and I am not ready to shell over the amazing amount of money for repeairs. What warranty company is reputable and approves most stuff any expirience?
I got a quote for a dealer: for 4,700, and for 3,500 for 3 year from a broker which seems to be covering wear and tear as well as mechanical fail.

The companies I am looking at are Natioonal Auro Care, Genuine Warranty and Fidelity Warranty Services.

What do you guys think?

Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Rock Crawling

Extended warranties are ALWAYS a ripoff and a big money maker for the dealer. I was a car dealer and we LOVED to sell them but it is also one of the reasons I got out of the business,I just couldn't rip people off anymore. They never cover as much as you think and you will never come out ahead. These companies are smart and make obscene money off their victims. They don't stay in business by absorbing excess car repair bills from the people they insure. Don't do it. You would be much better off putting aside $200 a month and going to a reputable independent shop.

Old 10-02-2009, 02:47 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree with krazzz, all warranty companies are out to make money. Not to say they do not cover anything, but they will try to deny you coverage, just like any insurance company will (if they can, they will). A warranty directly from land rover is a sure bet. They usually cost a lot, but in some cases are worth it, along with the peace of mind. Most of the time you will be paying more for the warranty than what you actually need repaired, but I have bought extended manufacturer warranties and have got my money's worth. One of our vehicle's warranty is covered through Kemper, which is the same company that insures our vehicles aswell. So far I have had nothing but pleasant experiences with them. You might try talking the price down, they will go lower TRUST ME! Just be unreasonable lol. They will talk the price down $100 at a time, I kid you not. They are sharks. Just keep refusing their offers and threaten to leave, they will come around lol.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:43 PM
2nd Gear
Question Text of Extended Warranty

Highlighted text applies to me: This is Exclusionary coveradge... so anything not specificaly metioned as not covered is covered.

Factory and Factory Exotic Covered Components (Coverage A):
Factory and Factory Exotic Coverage covers the reasonable cost to remedy any operating mechanical
or electrical failure of the vehicle, for the time indicated on the contract application, except as specified as excluded, subject to the provisions, terms and conditions of this
contract.

Exotic Covered Components (Coverage B):
Engine: Cylinder block; heads; intake manifold; timing gear; timing gear cover; flywheel; oil pump; oil pump housing; water
pump; harmonic balancer; valve covers; oil pan; crankshaft; valve train; crankshaft seals; connecting rod. Fuel System: Fuel pump; EFI sensors; throttle body assembly;
injection pump; lines; vacuum pump. Transmission/Transaxle: Case: Torque converter; vacuum modulator; input/output shafts; bands; governor; washers. Front-Wheel
Drive: Final drive housing; axle shaft; axle shaft; constant velocity joints; axle housing; axle supports; front hub; differential. Rear-Wheel Drive: Axle shafts and axle
shaft; axle housing; propeller shafts; “U” joints; locking hubs; rear axle hub; differential side; pinion gears; disc limited slip. Brake System: Master cylinder; assist booster;
combination valve; hydraulic lines & wheel cylinders; retainers. Suspension Assembly: Upper and lower control arms; control arm shafts; kingpins and bushings; spindle
supports; stabilizer shaft. Steering System: Power steering gear, power steering pump, steering gear housing. Air Conditioning: Compressor; condenser; evaporator.
Electrical System: Alternator; voltage regulator; starter motor; electronic ignition module; distributor; windshield wiper motor; washer pump; cruise control module; fan
motor; heater blower motor; antenna; electrical door and trunk locks; electronic drive display; heat element rear window; electronic level control compressor and its sensor
valve. Cooling System: Fan; coolant system modulator; radiator; radiator fan; temperature sensors. Emissions Components: Electronic control module; calibrator prom;
manifold pressure sensor; oxygen sensor; throttle position sensor; idle air control valve; crank sensor; exhaust gas recirculation valve; electronic spark timing control.

Wear and Tear Coverage (Coverage C):
Wear and Tear Coverage is optional coverage and must be paid for at the time the service contract is purchased. It may not be
added after purchasing the service contract. This coverage revokes the exclusion of “wear and tear items” from the excluded items list. Wear and tear items are those items
that have failed due to being out of manufacturers recommended specifications, yet have not actually failed and are still a mechanical or electrical failure. We reserve the
right to wait for a total failure depending on the severity of each claim. All other exclusions for this contract still apply.

Excluded Items for Coverage A, B, & C:
Non-mechanical or non-electrical failures; frame or structural separation; clutch and related components; rubber parts; any
repositioning, refitting or realigning; distributor cap/rotor; tires/wheels; air bag/supplemental restraint systems; lenses; battery and cables; all maintenance service and items
such as alignments, wheel balances, engine tune-ups, spark/glow plugs, plug wires, brake pads, linings & shoes, filters, lubricants, coolants, hoses; bright metal; any
illumination including lights; exhaust system; brake rotor/drums; normal fluid/oil lubricant seepage; shop supplies; body adjustments, buttons, handles, door hinges;
cleaning; squeaks and rattles; water leaks; wear and tear items; belts; timing chains; leaking shocks; a/c recharging; failures due to lack of maintenance, lack of
fluids/coolant/lubricants; any parts not necessary to the completion of the repair; components that fail due to a non-covered component; breakdowns due to
rust/corrosion/overheating; compression loss through gradual failure or rings and valves; and non-factory installed components.

Additional Conditions of Coverage
This contract is not valid until Provider receives full payment and has approved the application and contract. We will mail Holder a Certificate of Coverage with their
service contract number indicating the start date of coverage. Authorization must be made prior to guaranteeing payment for a claim. No service or maintenance items,
recalls or service bulletin items, consequential, misuse, alterations, racing, collision, or weather damage is covered. Service may be denied for pre-existing conditions as
reasonably determined by the Provider based upon the reasonable reliance of the time and mileage on the vehicle and the results of a claim inspection. Prior to making any
claim, a required inspection must be completed and then approved by Provider. No claims will be paid until this inspection has been completed and approved. Coverage is
void on any commercial vehicle or rental car. Non-original parts may be used for repairs to comply with the terms of this contract.
Provider’s total liability for this contract’s life shall not exceed the actual cash value of the vehicle as determined by Provider and each claim’s liability is limited to the
actual value of the claim. Coverage void where prohibited by law and additional state provisions may apply. This contract will terminate when the time limitation has been
reached on the contract, or when the covered vehicle in this contract has been sold unless it is transferred to the new owner. To transfer this contract to a new owner, within
seven days of the vehicle sale, mail a certified letter to us stating the new owner’s name, address, telephone number and the odometer reading along with a $100
administrative fee. Transfers may only occur once. This contract is backed by the full faith and credit of the Provider. This contract may be renewed, permitting that the
price paid for renewal is the current pricing on the service agreement at the time of renewal.
Holder may cancel this contract in the first 30 days for a full refund, as long as no claims have been made. If this contract is returned, we will refund the purchase price
within 45 days and if we fail to refund you within 45 days we will pay you a penalty of 10 percent of the purchase price for each 30-day period that the refund remains
unpaid. No cancellation of a service contract may become effective until at least 15 days after the notice of cancellation is mailed to the Holder. No service contract that has
been in effect for at least 70 days may be cancelled by the Provider before the expiration of the agreed term or 1 year after the effective date of the service contract,
whichever occurs first, except on any of the following grounds: (a) Failure by the Holder to pay an amount when due; (b) Conviction of the Holder of a crime which results
in an increase in the service required under the service contract; (c) Discovery of fraud or material misrepresentation by the Holder in obtaining the service contract, or in
presenting a claim for service there under; (d) Discovery of: (1) An act or omission by the Holder; or (2) A violation by the Holder of any condition of the service contract,
which occurred after the effective date of the service contract and which substantially and materially increases the service required under the service contract; or (e) A
material change in the nature or extent of the required service or repair which occurs after the effective date of the service contract and which causes the required service or
repair to be substantially and materially increased beyond that contemplated at the time that the service contract was issued or sold.
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of Maricopa County in the State of Arizona, without giving effect to conflict of law
principles. In the event of any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement arising from or relating to this agreement or the breach thereof, the parties hereto shall use their best
efforts to settle the dispute, claim, question, or disagreement. To this effect, they shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith and, recognizing their mutual
interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If they do not reach such solution within a period of 60 days, then, upon notice by either
party to the other, all disputes, claims, questions, or differences shall be finally settled by arbitration administered by the Better Business Bureau in accordance with the
provisions of its Commercial Arbitration Rules. Holder agrees that the maximum amount of damages the Holder may recover is limited to the premium paid to the Provider
for this contract.
Form GWAC-05/2009 2/2

Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 PM
5th Gear
Default National

I had National warranty on my 01 Disco. Happened to be a great investment as the tranny and torque converter were covered. Also fixed a window motor at the same time. Warranty company did everything they were supposed to no questions asked. If you're a do-it-yourselfer probably not worth it but if you take everything to the shop itd be worth serious consideration

Old 12-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Mudding

Go with none. They rip you off or go out of business. You pretty much are just pre paying for repairs.