General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exterior Design Comparisons

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:07 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Exterior Design Comparisons

I am wondering what everyone thinks of the Range Rover SPORT exterior design in comparison to the FFRR. Without a question, the FFRR interior design is SUPERIOR to the Range Rover Sport. If you are someone that like a sportier look, you might like the Range Rover Sport exterior design better whichhas features like the dual exhaust tips and a rear spoiler lip. Such minor differences give it a really different look.

I know Rovers are Off Road vehicles and not made to look sporty, but let's face it, depending on where you live, most people do not use the off road features. What do everyone else think?

Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Default RE: Exterior Design Comparisons

I don't like that the Sport looks remotely similar. I doubt most people can really tell the difference until the see the sport plaque on the tailgate. If you're buying a Rover buy a Rover. If you want a sports car go buy something else... like a Gran Turismo <drool>. Just my opinion. I just don't understand LRs need to make the Sport. The Cayenne, RX, and X3/X5, and Benz were already in that market. But to each their own.

I really hate the lack of a split tailgate on the RRS. And the side vents are unsightly imo.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a great topic because I constantly go back and forth on it. I love the look of the FFRR because I associate it with Royalty and Luxury (being Luxury1 this obvious means a lot) but I like the exterior look for the Range Rover Sport possibly even more. I think the Range Rover Sport looks more sexy where the FFRR looks more stately.

If the Range Rover Sport wasjust a little bigger and had a nicer interior I would go for it. The nicest gift the Range Rover Sport received was the Range Rover name but they sold me because I think of it as a Range Rover.

I think that either way you win.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Rock Crawling

I do have to agree the sport is sexier. Not quite as boxy. Don't get me wrong... I like the boxiness of Rovers. After all it is one of the defining characteristics. But the proportions are just slightly off on the FFRR.

And you're right about the interior. It's pretty bad compared to a full size.

I still prefer the exterior of my P38 more

Old 01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I was driving behind a RRS today and I think it looks PHAT It holds it's own with the younger crowd. But if they are going to call it a sport let's make it about 400HP and fun to drive.

Old 01-09-2009, 12:53 PM
Three Wheeling

I think 'sporty SUVs' in general are hilarious. X6 being a prime example. I agree with Idivine, if you wanted 'sport' you didn't really want a Rover so buy something else. Now, if you wanted a Rover but not the big FFRR, then I can see buying a RRS. This said, I think LR probably should have called the RRS something else and not tried to make it a sportier version.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:19 PM
Drifting

This link shows the most sporty Range Rover I seen, which is the Arden AR7:
http://digiads.com.au/car-news/lates...Ro_200806.html

I think its hot......

Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Three Wheeling

Oh that is hot ^ (and delightfully mean) ... But I maintain if you wanted something 'sporty' you didn't want a RR.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
Rock Crawling

ORIGINAL: Faymester
This said, I think LR probably should have called the RRS something else and not tried to make it a sportier version.
It really is a LR3 more than a Range Rover in terms of underpinnings. But marketing it as a Range Rover guarenteed sales. Their marketing strategy was on point as RRS sales have been excellent since its release a couple of years ago.

MD, the Arden is incredible! I have never seen that package before.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Not like we don't know what the sport is but here is an article: http://nqr.farmonline.com.au/news/na...r/1381569.aspx