General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front break rotors

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Front break rotors

Hi Everybody,
I have 2008 Range Rover with 12,800 miles only. When went to change oil, technician said that my break pads and rotor must be replaced. Dealer and Land Rover company Refuse to do this under warranty. It is my 1-st Range Rover, before I had Mercedes ml 500, G55, BMW X5 and X3 - never had any problems with rotos up to 55-65,000 miles.
What is this normal for Range Rover, to pay for breakes $1000 everu 15.000 miles.
Does anybody have similar probles, does anybody know how to handle this problem

Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 PM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

First lesson is to not use the dealer, they will get you everytime.
Do your brakes shutter when stopping, if not then pads only from a good scourse like Atlantic British.
How mechanical are you, brakes are easy to do.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Rock Crawling

I have always wanted to do my own brakes as the dealerships always charge SO much for them but I have always been nervous about it since they are the stopping power of the car and there isn't room for error.

DM, Can you describe the basic process?

Old 05-02-2009, 10:05 AM
3rd Gear

I am not a mechanic, I am Physician. I always had an agreement with rest of the world: I am fixing human being and rest of them are fixinf those they trained to do. I think it fear. I bought Range Rover, thinking to have less problems. One year ago I hit breaks because of idiot running across street and they were severely stanted, hardly move car to the curb. On dealership they released but didn,t ffind any cause for this. Now they found thai I need to change rotors and pads and it will cost me $1000. Land Rover refuse to do it under waranty. At customer service only technically Dumb lady, hardly comlpeted high school and refusing understand problems and resolve anything.
Today I got warning from my computer - to check breake.
I thing the real way of resolution to start all possible legal actions against Land Rover. Attorney General office, BBB, and different customer protection institution.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Rock Crawling

A little arrogant aren't you? "Hardly completed high school..." and yet you are the one that is spelling brakes incorrectly along with a thousand other words.

I would do exactly what you are suggesting. Go to the attorney general and the president of the United States and tell them about your "breaks"!!!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 12:16 PM
Administrator

If you want to PM me your tele number, I'll call you and walk you thru the brake job.

Old 05-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for the offer DM.

I actually decided to watch some You Tube videos and you are right, it doesn't look to be that hard. I might have to give this a try one of these days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9e_HT9Us-8

Old 05-02-2009, 02:42 PM
Administrator

So where are you buying your parts from, don't forget the sound deadening material and the 3 pint DOT 4 brake flush.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Rock Crawling

When I go there I will go with Atlantic British (per your recommendation) but I have a lot to learn in this department before I am willing to venture into this field. They are just so important that you have to get them right.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:00 AM
3rd Gear
Exclamation

Sory, Luxury1
American English as english at all is not my native tongue. Check this spelling in british sourses.
What do I want? I want to get what I paid for. If somethig happend with you or your relative in medical settings you will run to attorney to get millions compensation. Everywere else people, company forgot about their responsibilities.
1. I have question - how long normally front rotors run, what is normal range
2. What most efficient customer ptotection agency (BBB already working) you know else.
In everage american physician (depend on specialty -lowest in Pathology, but sometimes they go too) got 2 -4 malpractice cases, regardless he did something wrong or not. Why only physicians have this privilegies.

Quick Reply: Front break rotors