General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front break rotors

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 03:42 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cross referenced the British dictionary and you are still way off. For instance, there are not two F's in Find.

To be honest, you hit a few of my sensitive spots and that is why I went on an offensive.
1. I don't like arrogance and especially when people look down on another. You should treat people with respect irrespective of education, background, profession, financial position, race, gender, etc.
2. I also don't like how you are hammering Land Rover. You sound like a difficult person to deal with and I can only imagine that you treat the people at the dealership poorly. I see other people doing this and I don't appreciate it.
3. I don't like it when the first post from someone is a need. These forums are give and take and I like people who balance give and take. I am just going to guess that you are a taker.

Somewhat off topic but worth noting; Not everyone is targeting physicians and you shouldn't feel so sorry for yourself. While some people sue due to perceived or justified negligence, it is not the majority. Our house carries medical malpractice insurance and I am acutely aware of the potential lawsuits. With that said, I also carry heavy residential and auto insurance for the same reason. Any company, profession or person is subject to these suits and you are not alone.

One of the things that bothers me most about your approach is that you want to do to Land Rover what you hate people doing to the medical community. Getting them back for what you consider is wrong.

The fact of the matter is that brakes are very dependent and are greatly influenced by how you drive, terrain and other factors. Some people get 10k and others get nearly 30k. If you were getting 1k then you would have more grounds but 10k is not worthy of causing such an ordeal.

Last edited by luxury1; 05-03-2009 at 03:49 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:01 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This sure escalated, lets all take a nice deep breath lol. Ok, mishania the first 10 to 20k miles on your land rover are going to be the toughest believe it or not. You have one of the most advanced SUVs money can buy. It has more electronics and technology on board than most aircraft I fly. The break in period takes a long time in these vehicles because they have so much that can go wrong vs. it's competitors and will often have "teething problems". These vehicles are also much more durable than anything it's competitors can come up with. With that said, the vehicle is going to be hard on things like the brakes and tires as things break in and bend into shape. Chances are you do not need to replace your rotors and only the pads. A local tire shop would be happy to do it at a fraction of the cost of the dealership. Once you have replaced your brakes and tires they should wear normally like any other car and if they don't, chances are the pads and or rotors you purchase will also have a warranty on them so if they do go out premature you are covered.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:51 PM
Mudding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to side with lux 1 on this. The problem with this country, everyone is suing each other and wont take responsibility. With this case in regards to ownership...

Old 05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem with this arrogance is hypocritical. Physicians spend years learning their trade. Mechanics usually get some schooling then start work, but they always need more training to keep up with technology, just like MDs. Very proud some of a mechanic/mechanical engineer - end of rant.