General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gauges went kaput....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 08:09 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges went kaput....

just drained my battery completely while flat towing my '05 rover with BMW engine. was flat towing it with transfer case in neutral behind my motorhome (RV).

after i jumped it off and cranked it some things dont work:
fuel gauge
tachometer
the display below the speedo and tach is now in german and kilometers and celcius.
the backlight to light up this display is also not working. i can push the button on the end of the turn signal and it cycles through time, date, milage, and range but it is all in german and kilometers per liter, etc...

things that do work include
the speedo
the water temp gauge
the radio

i tried to switch the units back to miles and Fahrenheit using the settings on the radio, but this did not work.

do you know how to fix this?

and do you know why i keep draining the battery? i tow with the transfer case in neutral by putting the fuse in the right spot in the glove compartment. i leave the key in position 1 like the manual says. if i try to put the key in position zero then it wont let me lock the doors. we have two keys and lock the doors while traveling so i have to leave the key in position 1.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Team Owner
Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts

Is everything off when you flat tow it? No radio on etc?
Are the lights wired into the motorhome so that they come on when you turn your lights on? And so the RR's turn signals work when the tow vehicles do?