General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headrest TV Monitors

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 01:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headrest TV Monitors

I am planning on adding rear TV headrests in my Rover and am considering two options (both are 7").

The first is adding the rear seat entertainment system for $2,800 (installed) from my Land Rover dealer. I like this option because I believe you can control the TV's from the front and it comes with a six disk changer.

The second is using a speciality car shop in my area to install the headrests. They would be $2,100 with a guarenteed leather match (including piping). It includes wireless headphones, a remote and games which is good for my little one. The only bad thing is that it only comes with only one DVD port per headrest. But a big plus is that it can be easily removed and reinstalled in another Rover should I decide to switch at some point.

I know that Land Rover doesn't make the TV's and probably source it out to one of these companies anyway so my guess is that it should be comparable.

Any thoughts?

Old 03-17-2009, 10:26 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wait until you trade in, and look for your new/used truck. Bide your time until you find one with the option already installed. I see them all the time on cars.com

Old 04-06-2009, 03:18 AM
4wd Low

I have a 08 RRSS/C, with the factory install, you can't beat the 6 pack DVD for the kids and their changing minds. Plus if the dealership installs they can hook it up to the vehicles system and using the nav screen is great for controls, and if something happens they have to fix the screw up....the aftermarket savings sounds too short term to look at.

Old 04-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Overlanding

I am also considering adding the RSE to my car, but I did not know that the dealership would do it for you. That is the way that I would go. I say the additional value is worth it so have it done as if it were doen new. It also depends on how long you intend to keep the car. The portability to a new car is a pretty nice thing.

How will the dealership do it, will they just remove your exisiting headrests and replace them with the OEM ones and then wire the car?

Old 04-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Rock Crawling

Yep, it is pretty simple install for the dealership. They also have to make a software upgrade but it is not a huge job. The difference in cost is really nothing and after looking into it more I definitely believe that the LR headrests are a better solution. Like Honda90 said, the 6 disk changer alone is a good reason to get it.

I am most likely going to turn in my car after the lease is up and then take Skyguy's advice try to find a 2007 SC with similar mileage with them already installed to make it easier on myself.

Old 04-06-2009, 07:42 PM
Mudding

Do you have kids? I have it in our 06 HSE and didn't order it in the 08. It's also in our Sport. Frankly, it's an overpriced item, in my opinion. Yours is a lease, don't add anything to it unless you're planning on buying it out, otherwise it's money lost. There is, and will be, plenty of them on the market with this option before long...certainly by the time you trade or dump it.