General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING

So when I purchased this car, the remote worked, but the alarm was going off all hours of the night. The alarm would stay on when I started the car etc.

I was able to determine my battery was shot, and bought the strongest cold cranking amps battery I could, and have had no problems since.

I have tried to reactivate my remote, nothing happened by pressing three times in five seconds. I have the 1995 one button Lucas remote. SO I went on the instructions to "marry" the remote to the vehicle, per the instructions on the RAVE program...............

I am able to enter programming mode, as the car horn sounds and the LED light comes on. When I hold the remote button down and wait for the LED on the dash to flash and accept remote, nothing happens. The LED light just stays on the full 2 minutes in programming mode, then goes out after. Turning the key to off or pressing the remote once does not exit the test period, you have to wait the two minutes for the LED to go out.

SO, is it my remote that is bad? Because I have replaced the batteries in the remote, and the led on the remote functions as before. Any thoughts would be very helpful again the remote worked when I first got the rover, and it is the green thats required in USA and CANADA.

Do I simply need to get a new remote, i've heard of these simply pooping out from the age and years of use.

Regards,

Lee in Ohio

Old 01-22-2009, 09:50 PM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KEYLESS REMOTE PROGRAMMING

I FORGOT TO MENTION THIS IS THE ONE BUTTON 1995 LUCAS REMOTE, LED ON REMOTE IS FUNCTIONING

ONCE RR IS IN PROGRAM TEST MODE, HORN SOUNDS AND LED ON DASH STAYS LIT THE FULL 2 MINS, NO BLINK WHEN REMOTE BUTTON IS HELD AS INSTRUCTED TO DO SO!