General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale $1000

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can I call you moss?

Old 11-06-2012, 10:44 PM
4wd Low
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Default Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale $1000

Originally Posted by mossmanxjt
I went and had a look at this truck today. It has very low miles and a perfect frame. The body has barely any rust and it would make a great project truck for somebody. It needs a fuel pump and probably an oil pump to be drivable. I don't have the space for a project so I think I am going to pass but hopefully someone will pick it up. The LSE was a limited edition and the top of the line model for 1992, only 400 were made for the US market. I would hate to see this truck parted out.

range rover 1992

Any wrd on the availability of this truck....?

Old 12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Who bought this? I tried but by the time I got ahold of the dude it was sold. Anyone here?

Cheers.

Jack

Old 12-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone on the forum did end up buying it. The deal was finalized about a week or so ago I think. Hopefully they will post some updates here once they get it home and get into the project.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Rock Crawling

Well I'm the one that bought the 92 LSE, I have to admit it was a lot work dealing with a truck sight unseen. Here are a couple of pics the day it arrived about a month ago. If any of you guys need a good transport company let me know, Summit transport handled all the details and the gentleman that dropped it off was super cool. The truck for the most part is in good shape for the mileage and year. It did see a hail storm while I had it stored in Kodak just outside of Knoxville. I'll post up more pics as I get deeper into the truck, so far I have cleaned it up inside and out. There is some interior rust on the drivers and passengers compartment. If any of you guys can tell me how the water is getting in it would be appreciated. Most rust seems to be surfaced related so it should clean up without much of a problem. Special thanks for mossman who gave me a detailed description of the truck and the info when he checked the truck out...

Attached Thumbnails Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale 00-picture-001.jpg   Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale 00-picture-002.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Rock Crawling

I have redone the interior headliner removed the exhaust and getting ready to replace the fuel pump and filter. This truck has never been serviced at a Land Rover dealership and is lacking some TLC. Good news is it does turn over and once the fuel problems are sorted I will go to the engine compartment and see about getting the old girl to fire up. Any experienced RRC owners advice would be appreciated. Also if any of you guys could recommend a good lubricant for the door locks hinges it would be appreciated....to be continued..

Attached Thumbnails Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale 00-picture-003.jpg   Low Mileage RRC LSE for sale 00-picture-015.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

it must be sold, the
posting has expired

Old 01-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by skyguy
it must be sold, the
posting has expired

yeah because I bought it...hello mcfly...

Old 02-09-2013, 10:24 PM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks pretty nice,

I recently picked up a 92 LSE in Brooklands green for $1300. I was able to drive it home, but had to do a lot to get it road worthy. Now I'm driving it regularly and sorting the few little bugs it has in it.

It really just takes rolling up your sleeves and digging in. These older models are so full of character, yet still have enough comfort to be a good daily driver.

I used some PB blaster to slick up my door hinges, worked fine, probably not Land Rover approved though.

I completely tore down my top end, inspected everything, cleaned it all up, and put it all back together with new gaskets. Took the PCV flame arrestor apart and cleaned the screen, installed all new vacuum lines, coolant hoses, new t-stat, new coolant level sensor, new oil pressure switch, new belts, flushed all the coolant, new oil and air filter, disassembled the front axle, cleaned and resealed the swivels, changed out the gear oil in the diffs, changed the trans oil/filter, installed new terrafirma med duty 2in lift, installed new 235-85-16 NEXEN MT's, found and installed new rear seat belts, some door cups (still need a pair),a new ignition switch, installed some D2 cup holders.

Also purchased an LT230 with a D1 shifter to install soon (I'm looking for a frame mounting bracket now). I'm in the process of fabricating a mechanical disk brake assembly to replace the parking brake drum. Found and installed a nice used Warn XD9000I (pulled my first jeep out of a serious stuck situation yesterday).

Getting ready to drop the rig off to have the front seats redone and the headliner replaced as well as a few other interior touch up items.

Last edited by 5bravobravo; 02-10-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 AM
Rock Crawling

new muffler and fuel filter installed I need to buy a new fuel pump and should be able to get this thing fired up in the next couple of days, fingers crossed...