General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help with my new to me 99 RR

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with my new to me 99 RR

Hello, I'm new to these forums, but researched my purchase on here as well as searched on here for solutions to the issues that I am about to describe. I purchased a 1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE roughly two weeks ago with 85k miles on it. The first issue I discovered is that the rear windshield washer does not work even after holding down the button for several minutes. Would I need to replace the pump or the non-return valve? My other two issues are larger and only became apparent upon taking a three hour road trip with the girlfriend over the weekend. About an hour and a half into the drive we were going through some heavy rains and I noticed that my left foot was wet. When I looked down there was a waterfall coming down from the left side under the dash on the driver's side. Initially I assumed that I had somehow messed up reinstalling the cover on the pollen filter since I had just changed them a few days before the trip. However, on our way back home the same thing was happening but it was not raining outside. I did some research on this forum and online and general and found that it could be clogged AC drains, so I attempted to clear them by squeezing the ends, running a wire through them, then running compressed air through. But none of those methods resulted in a large stream of water coming out like I was told to expect. I haven't ran the AC since Sunday afternoon and have no had any more wet feet or carpet, but as it is nearing July in Ohio I need to do something about this otherwise I'm going to be soaking through my uniform before I even get to work (that and the girlfriend won't want to ride with me if my AC isn't working). The other issue that manifested during the road trip was after a stop to buy groceries upon restarting my vehicle the temperature display said that the exterior temperature was 32 degrees F, when in actuality it was in the low 80s, and began blowing hot air in the passenger compartment. Slowly the temperature began to rise, but it has never registered above 76 since then. It did this to me again yesterday after stopping to get gas. Would this be as simple as replacing the exterior temperature sensor, or is there more going on than that? Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Old 07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First thought check all fuses if you have not already for the non working rear wiper fluid motor. Other issues are bigger like you stated. I'm at a loss, but I'm hoping others that read your post will comment and solve your problem. Best of luck.

Old 07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you hear it operate its working. but the return valve is inside the d pillar panel up a bit behind the amp.

Old 07-04-2011, 08:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will make things easier to read.......

Hello, I'm new to these forums, but researched my purchase on here as well as searched on here for solutions to the issues that I am about to describe.

I purchased a 1999 Range Rover 4.6 HSE roughly two weeks ago with 85k miles on it.

The first issue I discovered is that the rear windshield washer does not work even after holding down the button for several minutes.

Would I need to replace the pump or the non-return valve?

My other two issues are larger and only became apparent upon taking a three hour road trip with the girlfriend over the weekend.
About an hour and a half into the drive we were going through some heavy rains and I noticed that my left foot was wet.
When I looked down there was a waterfall coming down from the left side under the dash on the driver's side.
Initially I assumed that I had somehow messed up reinstalling the cover on the pollen filter since I had just changed them a few days before the trip.
However, on our way back home the same thing was happening but it was not raining outside.
I did some research on this forum and online and general and found that it could be clogged AC drains,
so I attempted to clear them by squeezing the ends,
running a wire through them,
then running compressed air through.

But none of those methods resulted in a large stream of water coming out like I was told to expect.

I haven't ran the AC since Sunday afternoon and have no had any more wet feet or carpet,
but as it is nearing July in Ohio I need to do something about this otherwise I'm going to be soaking through my uniform before I even get to work (that and the girlfriend won't want to ride with me if my AC isn't working).

The other issue that manifested during the road trip was after a stop to buy groceries upon restarting my vehicle the temperature display said that the exterior temperature was 32 degrees F, when in actuality it was in the low 80s, and began blowing hot air in the passenger compartment.

Slowly the temperature began to rise, but it has never registered above 76 since then.

It did this to me again yesterday after stopping to get gas.

Would this be as simple as replacing the exterior temperature sensor, or is there more going on than that?

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.