General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh...geezzz....need to vent a bit.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh...geezzz....need to vent a bit.

So I finally took the Range in for the differential recall. Service advisor was very friendly at first. I wasn't too happy with the little Pontiac Vibe loaner they gave me, but beggers can't be choosers. Keep in mind that when I dropped the vehicle off there wasn't anything wrong with it except for the right tailgate latch that came lose.

Two days later I get a call from "Nick" saying he will re-attach the latch for $85 and replace my power steering unit for $500 plus. I was in awe. I told him that the power steering was working fine when I dropped off the vehicle, but he argued that he wasn't the one that drove it to the shop so he doesn't know.

Nick and I went back and forth for about half an hour. He had the nerve to tell me that "**** happens the all time" and that my power steering broke right after I parked my Range Rover. I was like WTF...are you serious???

I told him that I will not pay for this power steering mishap and that they will have to fix it before I drive it out of the dealership. Nick said that he's was going to talk to his manager and call me back in the morning.

This was yesterday, this is the third day driving this Pontiac Vibe and still no call from him. *sigh*

Old 07-30-2009, 10:34 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a possiblity that it did break while they were servicing it by complete chance. He said "stuff happens" although, the curse word was a bit inappropriate. I was working on a chevy trail blazer and got blamed for a computer failure simply because my scanner was hooked to it at the time of the failure. I wouldn't think that they would have broken your power steering and tried to cover it up, although it is possible. Before they make the repair, I would go and investigate it first, and find out exactly what is wrong before making a move. Also, what year is your rover and how many miles are on it?

Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM
Three Wheeling

After a couple of calls I finally reached the service advisor late afternoon. He said that his manager ok'd the power steering repair at no cost. Only thing is they'll gonna have to keep the car overnight again. I dropped off the Range on Monday and it's now Friday. Can't really complain though, I just want it fixed correctly.

Here's whats funny, the advisor did admit that they probably broke something when they moved the steering rack, but honestly I don't really care what they did or break. I just want my vehicle fixed and in my possession.

What's also funny is this is my wife's vehicle and she had me take it in. I was really calm and patient with LR. She would've raised hell and gone to the top if it'd been her.

We'll see what's gonna happen if Nick calls me back today.

Btw, it's an '04 Range Rover HSE. Thanks for listening.!

Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 PM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by 4.4Range
After a couple of calls I finally reached the service advisor late afternoon. He said that his manager ok'd the power steering repair at no cost. Only thing is they'll gonna have to keep the car overnight again. I dropped off the Range on Monday and it's now Friday. Can't really complain though, I just want it fixed correctly.

Here's whats funny, the advisor did admit that they probably broke something when they moved the steering rack, but honestly I don't really care what they did or break. I just want my vehicle fixed and in my possession.

What's also funny is this is my wife's vehicle and she had me take it in. I was really calm and patient with LR. She would've raised hell and gone to the top if it'd been her.

We'll see what's gonna happen if Nick calls me back today.

Btw, it's an '04 Range Rover HSE. Thanks for listening.!
With 64k miles on the clock.

Old 07-31-2009, 08:05 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, with a RR that young I doubt the power steering would have just failed like that for no apparent reason. When the power steering is going to fail, it will usually give you plenty of warning. It is good that they will fix it for free, and the only reason I believe they are doing it, is because they broke it lol. When it comes to repairs, they just take time. I have had my rover in the shop for a week or so for a simple issue, it just happens. There are a lot of other people out there with a rover that needs tending lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Three Wheeling

So finally, I got my vehicle back. They fixed the power steering and washed her up. I wish they could've fixed the latch, but that's ok, I can do that myself.

Overall experience....meh....

although, when picking up the Range, I was able to check out the '10's and god they are nice looking. Was seriously thinking about talking to a salesman for an upgrade, but I walked away.