General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Book w/! Symbol on A/C Display???

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007 | 08:48 PM
|
2nd Gear
Default Open Book w/! Symbol on A/C Display???

I have a 97' Range Rover SE. Are there any common issues related to this symbol appearing? Someone told me fuses (related to an A/C problem) tend to burn up when you get around 100,000 miles. Could someone tell me what fuses to check?

Old 03-05-2007 | 09:31 PM
Winching
Default RE: Open Book w/! Symbol on A/C Display???

My '96 se does the same evry once in a while. the owners manual says contact dealer (fat chance)
I'm betting that my a/c is low on charge, when the controller is in auto, the a/c may cycle to cool the interior slightly even tho' I'm set @ 70 deg. (it's +10 outside)- for now, I don't use auto mode.

Old 03-06-2007 | 02:28 PM
|
2nd Gear

Does anyone else know anything about the Open Book Symbol?

Old 03-28-2007 | 08:36 PM
4wd Low

Could be down to several things. Best bet is to get a diagnostic check to pinpoint the problem either with Rovacom, Autologic or Test Book but here are a few pointers:
1. Low gas charge in system-is the compressor clutch cutting in & out. Does the car get cold with temperature set to minimum?
2.Faulty or sticking Blend motor-can you adjust temperatures both sides and do they seem correct? Does the air distribution both sides work in all positions in manual mode? With the HEVAC in "Manual" mode, move the distribution through the full range-footwell to demist and back again a couple of times.Do the same with the temperature controls on both sides.
3. Faulty sensor- especially the one just below the clock behind the small grille-hold the cigarette lighter in front of it & the blower fan should speed up in "Auto" mode and get asmoker to hold a cigarette in front of it, does it draw smoke in (There is a small fan on it, sometimes the fan sticks and can be freed by poking a straightened paper clip through the greille and flicking the fan. Shine atorch over the sensor at the front of the dash by the alarm LED, do the fans speed up? There is also a temperature sensor clipped to one of the heater pipes located behind the centre console in the footwell-is it intact and not detached?

Hope these checks give you some sort of insight into the cause of the fault & save the cost of the last resort diagnostic check.

(Been there,had the hassle & spent the cash)