General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P38 Coil Conversion...code issue help needed!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 12:47 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P38 Coil Conversion...code issue help needed!

Call me a glutton for punishment, by I've had 3 Discovery II's, still have #3, and the usual love/hate relationship with it.annoying ng for another Land Rover as a "2nd" or "spare" truck for the inevitable repairs the Disco always needs at the worst times, I came across a spotless 1997 P38, one owner, with an astonishingly low 66,800 miles, lived in FL and NC all its life, all service records, 90% of them from LR. And I could wrangle together cash for it. (On a zero debt kick...out of both necessity and lessons learned)

Showed it to my other half who is currently shopping for his next ride (he just test drove a 2012 RR sport super charged for a whopping 60k!) and upon seeing it, said, "hmmm, maybe I'll pick it up, keep my current ride (Audi S4) and pick up the BMW motorcycle I was looking at."

As an afterthought, he added, "don't want to buy your truck out from under you..."

We picked it up today.

One item our "new" P38 has is good/bad, depending on point of view; the much debated coil conversion. It has already been done on this one...so debating whether or not to do it is not an issue.

BUT, the fault code is displaying on the console display, and all 4 lights are lit at the "suspension height" button.

I'm assuming there is a way to permanently turn this off? Just got home after 5 hour train trip down, 6 hour drive back, so haven't researched too much yet - figured someone may already have an answer available. Also going to throw code reader on it in the morning.

So nighty-night, and if you can steer me to any references or have any already obtained knowledge on turning off fault code/wnnoyinglight to button, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks much!

Old 02-24-2014, 07:20 AM
TReK
Received 161 Likes on 136 Posts

I have this:

Range Rover P38A 4 0L 4 6L EAS Override Module by Atlantic British Part 8007 | eBay

It used to be sold as part of the conversion kit from Atlantic British. It works perfectly to shut off all the lights associated with the EAS once you've done the conversion.

Old 02-25-2014, 10:34 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the link, Paul!

I also found instructions here if anyone cares to try them as a solution:

P38 EAS Override/Deletion Manual Instructions - Expedition Portal

but personally, I think I prefer Atlantic British module....