General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P38 New Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 02:37 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wilson96rr
Well I got the alignment. It was $130 not $30. The mechanic said it was a little bit out of alignment. He also said the front end components all looked good. He did say there was a little bit of play in the steering box. Is that something I can take out with the adjustment screw? I have adjusted other model's steering boxes but never a LR. I also had them remove the new Chinese-made tires and replace them with Michelin MTX. I noticed the Chinese tires were a little taller than the Toyo Open Countrys that are on the rear. The Michelins are the same height as the Open Countrys. The ride is much much smoother and quieter now and the control problem is gone. Thank you to all of you who responded to my posts. It really helped me out.
Glad it all got worked out. My AWD volvo goes into fits when I have two different diameter tires on it too so that may have been part of the issue. An alignment is always good, even if youa re ot getting new tires at the time, stuff comes loose with time.