General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Range rover P38, doesnt start helpppppp

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 07:34 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Range rover P38, doesnt start helpppppp

Hi, i just had engine in my range rover P38, and the engine did start before it was removed from the othr car, there seems to be problem with the key synchronising. Does any one know how to sync the key? HELP

Old 06-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The key will have nothing to do with the engine not starting (unless the key's battery is dead). The key is tied to the BeCM not the engine. But... if you have you EKA code:

Make sure the doors, windows and bonnet/hood are closed, get out and lock the car again with the key. (Note: on 1996 and later models, you have to turn the key to the lock position four times for this step if the remote handset was not used to lock the vehicle). Then turn the key the required number of times according to the following sequence. (At each step the side lamps warning light on the dash will light to show it has recognized the input).

1. To enter the first digit, turn the key the required number of times to the unlock position.
2. To enter the second digit, turn the key the required number of times to the lock position.
3. To enter the third digit, turn the key the required number of times to the unlock position.
4. To enter the fourth digit, turn the key the required number of times to the lock position.

Turn the key to the unlock position to unlock the doors. The alarm will now be partially disarmed; if you try to open the hood the alarm will sound. After five incorrect attempts (3 for 1996 and later models) at this procedure, the BeCM goes into a 10 minute lockout mode (30 minutes for 1996 and later models), during which time the message center displays "KEY CODE LOCKOUT" and further attempts at EKA will not work.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:18 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont have the code, when i try to start it says engine disambled