General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redesign Range Rover

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 09:40 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Redesign Range Rover

Does anyone know when there will be a redesigned Range Rover. I've heard 2010, 2011, and 2012.

Which is true?

Old 12-09-2008, 10:01 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Redesign Range Rover

In 2010 there will be a refresh of the current version. Below is a thread I started on it. It is a very exciting topic!

https://landroverforums.com/m_87814/tm.htm

In 2012 there will be a full redesign.

Did you end up pulling the trigger on the 2008 you were considering?

Old 12-09-2008, 02:15 PM
Drifting

I am still struggling with reliability concerns. If it wasn't for that, I would have done the deal by now. It sounds like repairs are very common and very expensive with Range Rovers. Also, I am kind of thinking of waiting for the complete re design in 2012, but that is some time from now.

To satisfy my reliability concerns, I am giving the Lexus LX570 some thought, but it is more room than I really need.

Old 12-09-2008, 07:35 PM
Rock Crawling

Lease and your worries will subside. You can keep turning them over soyou don't have to worry abouthaving an older model because you will keep getting new ones and reliability shouldn't be a concern since they will always be newer cars. You can even lease these vehicles for two years which will really keep your worries down. Ultimately you will pay more in the long run but it is not a bad move with a Range Rover.

The LX570 is a very nice car on the inside but can you honestly say that it is good looking on the outside? I truly believe in the Lexus brand and love my cars from them but this carjust doesn't do it for me. I really wanted to buy it but I couldn't get past the looks and for $80K that is unacceptable.

Have you considered the GL550? This would be the car I would choose if I didn't choose the Range.

Old 12-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Drifting

Thanks! Its amazing what a few hours later will do. I got a call from the dealer yesterday and he conceded on a lot of things. He gave me the full value for my trade in and lowered the 59,995 price for the base model. Since the deal was so sweet, I went ahead and closed. I didn't lease, because they wanted a 1000 a month for 4 years, which i thought wasn't as good as the purchase price deal.[sm=icon_rock.gif]

So I am now a Range Rover Dad!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 AM
Rock Crawling

Awesome! You definitely did the right thing!

There is nothing like the feel and smell of a new Range Rover!

We now canofficially welcome you to the club!

Old 12-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Rock Crawling

As much as people hear about reliability issues, most Rovers (at least the ones i've owned and the other owners i've met) tend to have far less problems then most people hype it up to be. As long as you don't neglect the vehicle or great the rare lemon, which every manufacturer has, I think Rovers are only average to slightly below average in reliability. Personally i've had less problems with my Rovers then any other vehicles i've owned. My old beast of a P38 has only had expected maintenance it it's 9 year 140K lifespan. And while the MKIII is a little bit quirkier and I can't really attest to long term reliability yet I can't say i've had any major problems. Knock on wood. Yes maintenance costs are high for a Rover but if you know that going in and actually do the maintenance they are reliable vehicles in my opinion. Despite my love of the G-Wagon styling, I will never buy a mercedes again. Lexus I wont speak too because I find the styling is enough to keep me away from ever trying them... regardless of reliability.

Old 12-15-2008, 12:01 PM
Rock Crawling

I agree that reliability problems of the past still haunt them. They really need to do better than average to shake this reputation. I think that it needs to be a top priority going forward.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:59 AM
Rock Crawling

Not to mention reliability has typically been lower on LR because of the more advanced systems. Now that Toyota is adding similar features it's experiencing similar, if not worse, reliability issues with the redesigned Land Cruiser. Maybe LR will lose it's, generally, undeserved criticism over reliability.

Old 12-16-2008, 12:43 PM
Rock Crawling

And some of the lower end Lexus vehicles have also seen reliability problems as has Acura but they just don't catch the heat that Land Rover does.