General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RR vs. RRS Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 03:05 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RR vs. RRS Help

hey,
I'm new to the forum and to range rovers, etc. I had a few questions that I was hoping some of you guys could hope me with. First off, I'm looking to buy either a Range Rover HSE 06 or 07, or a Range Rover Sport HSE 06 or 07. I dont really know alot about these, and I was wondering if anyone has any input on which one I should get? This is going to be my first car, I was wondering if there is any major differences between an 2006 and 2007 model, and between a Range Rover and a Range Rover Sport. I won't be driving this off-roading, etc. more of just a "city" car. I'm most likely going to get a white one, but just wanted to know some more information about them before I make my purchase, and figured this was the best place to go for help. Also, out of the four types i listed (RR 06, RR 07, RRS 06, RRS 07) what would be the best one to get for the price, etc. Any info will be much appreciated!, thanks alot.

Old 02-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is plenty of difference between the two. You need to go drive one and make up your mind which one you like more. The reliability isn't much different between the two either. The 06 and 07 RR do have differences with their interior. Don't know if I would recommend a rover as a first car though...

Old 02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
5th Gear

ok thanks for the response, i think im going to go and test-drive some this weekend.
Also, why wouldnt you recommend a rover as a first car?
thanks

Old 02-22-2011, 12:37 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also, why wouldnt you recommend a rover as a first car?
Because it takes a few cars to gain an appreciation of a rover's design and complexity. To put it simple... they aren't normal cars. Not to say it wouldn't make a good first car, it really depends on the owner. Based on my experience, I have found that many cars that are "firsts" generally are not maintained like they should be. Being that rovers are very temperamental beasts, it is good for it to have an owner willing to maintain it as if it were a private jet. Not to say it would make a poor first car for you, but just know what you are getting into.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:43 PM
5th Gear

ok, thanks for the reply, I'll look into them some more and test drive them, etc at the dealership

Old 02-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Other than the looks of the vehicle the Sport will be a little smaller inside even though it looks bigger from the outside in my opinion.

It can be a great first car but be ready to put some money into maintenance. At that age it probably has either been at the dealer all the time for service or it was never maintained since it was someones lease; look for service records with whatever you buy. Rovers have quirks which you will either love or hate. I used to be a Jeep guy and then after riding in a few Rovers I got bit by the bug to own multiple Rovers.

Good Luck.