General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Potential Buyer for a RRS. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Buyer for a RRS. Please Help!

Hi Everyone,

First, I would like to start up by saying thatRange Rover has always been my "ultimate dream car" and now that I am able to afford it and I've been doing some research, but so far I've found nothing butnegative reviews; therefore, i am hoping to get some feedback from real owners with real experiences. Is it really that bad???..Is it worth the investment?...I know that one of the biggest commom denominators is the gas deficiency; soon avarage what are guys getting?....Other than this, what other problems is everybody encountering, if any?

Thanks in advance,
Jonathan

Old 03-24-2008, 10:02 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Potential Buyer for a RRS. Please Help!

Gas deficiency?? That's a new one. The Rovers are no worse on gas mileage than any other large, heavy SUV. Fuel consumption should be the least of your concerns if you're looking at the Rover. Spend some time reading the posts on this forum for common problems with Land Rovers. And to clarify, Rovers nor any vehicle for that matter, are investments. They are just the opposite. If you want to invest, use your money to buy a house in this sluggish housing market or jump into the stock market The only vehicle that was somewhat of an investmentof all the vehicles out there is the Land Rover Defender (ironically ...a Land Rover if you can believe that). I still cannot understand how a 13 year old Defender with over 100K miles still goes for $30,000.

All joking aside, do your research on these vehiclesbefore you buy. If aRover is indeed your dream vehicle, then follow your dreams and you will put the quirkiness of Rovers past you and dwell on the positive aspectsof these trucks.

Old 03-24-2008, 10:28 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Potential Buyer for a RRS. Please Help!

To put it in perspective, my 2001 Range Rover with the 4.6 V8 gets 15 to the gallon driving normally..not babying it or making the people behind me angry after stop lights. My Blazer with a 4.3 V6 that I am religious about maintenance on, gets 14.5 mpg. The two have almost the same Gross Vehicle Weights, but Rover's are pretty good on gas in my opinion (who actually wants to drive a Corolla anyway ).

The biggest piece of advice I can give you would be...don't think that by paying a few extra dollars for your vehicle that you can get away with not doing any standard maintenance. You're going to have to pop the hood every so often and make sure things are doing ok under there!

I think the majority of the negative reviews are because people think the extra money means no problems mechanically for 50k miles...it's still and engine and sensors like everyone else out there

I say buy it.