General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Snow flake -40 display on hevac LCD

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 04:21 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snow flake -40 display on hevac LCD

New to the forum. Just purchased a 2000 RR and I have learned so much in the last week from reading the forums. My HEVAC LCD is displaying a snowflake and -40 temperature. The ac seems to be blowing warm air and I can not hear my compressor kick on or off. I checked my pollen filters and I won't say how bad they were, but I'm ordering new ones tomorrow. I checked the engine fuse box for signs of wear and corrosion, it looks brand new. I followed the article at rangie.com on diagnosing HEVAC problems and never could get the ambient temperature to adjust the settings as prescribed in the article. This problem just occurred after replacing a bulb for the HEVAC LCD screen. I put the control unit back together and the book ! showed up. The book ! has only showed up twice that I remember. Now it's just the snowflake and -40. If the ambient temperature sensor is bad, would that cause the air conditioner to not blow cold air or keep the compressor from kicking on. Any knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.