General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in my passenger foot well.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2010, 10:23 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water in my passenger foot well.

I remember reading if this happens one should stick a hanger up the ac drainage pipe under the rover. Is this still the practice or is there something else I should check? I was using the ac for a period of 45 min before this occurred.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:31 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check to make sure its not coolant. Otherwise you are correct and have an evaporator drainage issue, which can be solved with a coat hanger.

Old 08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Rock Crawling

Its definitely water. I know if it were coolant I would have an entirely different type of issue. Coat hanger here I come! Thanks Scott!

Last edited by RROJ; 08-08-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to wear goggles. When I did mine, I got about a quart of water on my head.

Old 08-05-2010, 09:37 AM
Rock Crawling

You know I was waiting for a flash flood but nothing. I kept poking at the dome like rubber stopper that looks like it was cut/parted in four pie like sections. I only was able to put the hanger into this area about four inches. It would not go any further but I did not want to force anything. How much of the hanger should be able to go in? It does drain when the ac is on but still comes into the cabin. Just a few drops on the pass. floor mat but it shouldn't.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:42 AM
Mudding

The drain might have a small hole in the tube where it passes down behind the bulkhead before exiting into the floor. Unlikely but it can happen. Getting the hanger up there about 4 inches should have cleared any obstacle in the way, save perhaps a spider sack or something like that.

How's the seals on your pollen filter covers looking?

Old 08-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Rock Crawling

I think there are two drains. Maybe just one is clogged.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 AM
Rock Crawling

Hey Chris! Are the pollen filters the ones at the base of the windshield on the outside? If so they look like new. Only a few pine needles stuck in them.

Wilson, there may be a second drain? The one I was working on was on the passenger side of the RR just to the right of drive shaft way up on the under carriage. If you are looking at the passenger front door where it meets the passenger fender take that junction and go five inches towards the rear of the RR and go under the RR towards the drive shaft and you will see the rubber dome I was working on. I looked and looked for anything else that Land Rover may have put under there to drain but could not find anything. If there is a second one please let me know.

Thanks to all that responded!

Old 08-08-2010, 12:44 AM
Rock Crawling

The pollen filters are underneath the front cowling. What you can see from the outside is just sort of a pre-filter to keep out leaves and such. What Chris is wanting you to check are the covers on the pollen filter. If a cover came loose water could be coming in there. It would only do that during a rain or car wash event. You could test that by having somebody use a garden hose to simulate rain while you feel around to see if it starts getting wet inside.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Rock Crawling

OK, now I understand which is which. As a matter of fact I did notice the dripping on the pass. floor mat after a car wash. I take the RR through a brushless car wash, but it also has jets of water that shoot up under the RR. I wonder if that unnatural weather condition caused the leak. Probably not according to your summation. I will check the pollen filter cover and make sure they are in tact. Thanks krazzz and Chris X!

Quick Reply: Water in my passenger foot well.