General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water in my passenger foot well.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 07:03 AM
Mudding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by krazzz
The pollen filters are underneath the front cowling. What you can see from the outside is just sort of a pre-filter to keep out leaves and such. What Chris is wanting you to check are the covers on the pollen filter. If a cover came loose water could be coming in there. It would only do that during a rain or car wash event. You could test that by having somebody use a garden hose to simulate rain while you feel around to see if it starts getting wet inside.

Exactly! Thanks for following up krazzz.

RRJO - the seals on my covers are a bit dry rotted. I used clear silicone caulking around the perimeter of the covers and re-installed. Now, this isn't ideal because I'll have to take the covers back off when changing the filters, but it is working for now until I can find an alternate method. Stops the leak though!

Yours being a newer truck, perhaps the cover is a little loose or not aligned very well. If that's not the case, perhaps do the silicone or I was thinking of cutting some rubber roofing material to make a new gasket.....

Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will check it out and if there is anything I can't seem to handle I will give a shout out. Thanks always for the assistance.