General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome Faymester!

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 06:49 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome Faymester!

A big welcome to Faymester from Club Lexus

Old 12-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: Welcome Faymester!

Thx luxury1. I'm excited about the new Rover.

Ok, so it's a 2003 Range Rover in the green/grey color w. off white interior. I'll try to get pix up soonish.

Problem right off the bat though so this scares me a little (since as of right now I've only had the car for 6hrs). The 'problem' indicator came on during the short drive home from dinner tonight. I assume it's the general problem light, between the spedo & tac, hazzard symbol with the circle around it. So I check the drive info centre and the screen isn't giving a clear read out. only the left side is working (so I guess I have two problems really). So it says, "Air Susp. more-words-that-only-kinda-show-up" & then "HDC other-hard-to-read-words".

Also (I don't have the manual just yet, I get it on Saturday since the guy left it at his house) how do you change the ride height? It wasn't immediately obvious to me.

Hmm, what a loaded first post from me that was.

Thx for the welcome again, hopefully this 'problem' turns out to be nothing.

Who else form CL is over here?

Old 12-25-2008, 01:58 PM
Three Wheeling

Ok, I downloaded the manual and I think I've figured out what the indicator and driver info centre is trying to tell me and I think it's not a big deal. It seems like maybe we used 4-low too much and the EAS system over heated (?) and it should reset its self (?) I hope (?) ... Clearly I still need to have the driver info screen fixed/changed.

What I can't figure out is where the 'inhibit' button is for the EAS ride height selection, and further more what inhibit on/off is.

Old 12-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Rock Crawling

To change the ride height, there is a switch in the center console near the shift ****. Forward for higher and backward for lower.

You warning light may because you have raised and lowered the car too much and the system is temporarily inactive due to overheating, it could be because of low tirepressure or something else. If it does overheat, it should reset itself (at least it does on my model).

For others, Faymester is a heavy contributor to my other forum (Club Lexus) and we are happy to have him as a member! As for your other question Faymester about CL members, I don't think there are any others out there. You are the first one on Club Lex to own a Range Rover as far as I have seen (and I have looked).

Old 12-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Three Wheeling

Sweet thanks I thought I knew which it was but I didn't see it specified in the manual (maybe I missed it)

I've been reading the manual for a couple hours now on anything related to what my dash says. Rover has been sitting for the night so everything should be nice and cool; I'm going to go out and drive it around in a bit& see if the indicators are still there &/or if they will reset them selves (one part of the manual said stuff should reset within 25-minutes).

I think I might have overheated the compressor because I tried to raise it tothe off-road height but Rover didn't agree with my request so then I flicked it to lower to Access; I think I confused it. Maybe I can do it today.

Old 12-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Rock Crawling

Mine doesn't overheat unless I use it a lot so it very well may be something else.

By the way, congrats on the new Range! I know how excited it is to get your first Range Rover and it is a memory that you will never forget. There will be some issues here and there but you will LOVE it!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Feymester, the height switch should be automatic when @ highway speeds it lowers, access mode is only used when you are stopped. Off road height is only when off roading. The height difference is subtle mostly for performance. On my p38 you can lock the ride height and keep it from changing. Welcome to the club hope you add as much as Lux 1
Skyguy

Old 12-26-2008, 02:17 AM
Three Wheeling

Thx for all the help guys

I've got it now & everything is quite brilliant. Drove through & over some minor things today.

I'm quite loving the Rover.