General Range Rover Discussion - Archived Archived threads for all Range Rover discussions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are SUVS coming to!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What are SUVS coming to!

I see all these compact suvs on the market that make me want to go vomit. Here is a new one from Nissan that looks like it is from the Teletubbies: http://www.nissanusa.com/cube/?dcp=o...15693472&dcn=1

Old 06-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yet another great reason to hang on to my 1996 model.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know what you are saying. Some of the styles are so darned unattractive and I wonder how they made it to the market. The Range hasn't changed that much over time and still looks amazing.

I never thought I would say this but that Nissan looks worse than my all time favorite SUV train wreck. The infamous Aztek (spelling?).

Old 06-15-2009, 02:47 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It amazes me how much other manufacturers have redesigned their cars over the years, yet LR has only redesigned the RR three times since 1969 (just face lifting it along the way). I don't have anything against some of the other suvs out there but, Land Rover makes a timeless master piece that lasts a very long time when they redesign their vehicles. I was over at a friends and he thought my rover was an 03 which says that rover makes a design last. I have driven the scion xb and others like it and found that they have a unique design and are surprisingly roomy but, gutless (even though my rover is lol) and would get stuck on a speed bump, and I feel like I have a more commanding view of the road in my golf cart! I will admit, I drive a compact suv, but at least it has a halfway descent ground clearance and looks like an SUV despite sucking in the snow, which is where the LR comes in . Even then I still laugh at the sorry excuses for an SUV that are out there. It is almost ironic because you see more old farts driving those things than the young and hip that they were initially designed for, and for a very good reason. The young and hip cannot afford it lol. I have been up close an personal with the "cube" and find that it is seriously not that much bigger than my golf cart LOL! I would actually feel safer in the golf cart. I do hope you excuse this post for those who may be offended as it is a bit of a rant and rave but, I am tired of the UGLY Boxy SUVS! Land Rovers are boxes but, they are stylish ones .

Last edited by LRScott; 06-15-2009 at 02:54 AM.