General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

00 DII right side lock actuator removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 07:33 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 00 DII right side lock actuator removal

Having difficulty removing the actuator to inspect. I have removed 3 #25 torx as well as shaft to door button and cable linkage to interior handle. Actuator moves but is hard to see what is binding it. I do note a nylon clip which attaches a shaft to top of door (not the door button) - not sure how to remove this. Unit appears to be held behind window track which I can loosen at bottom but wanted advice before proceeding, mostly because I am concerned about that nylon clip and the shaft to top of door - don't readily know what it does.

Thanks, all.

Rich

Old 09-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: 00 DII right side lock actuator removal

the clip is for the ext handle rod, it will release, looking at it, the inside will open up, hinged on the side away from the latch... also, yes, the window frame must come out, or at least up... there are 2 t40s, one on either side of door, the one on the side of the latch is shorter, make sure it goes back this way... also, two 10 mm bolts at bottem of each frame rail and a 13 mm bolt below the mirror, on the window frame, theres a hole in the door for access, you have to disconnect the mirror electrical connector, and itll slide up and out... going back in is tight when you get close to all the way down, just make it go carefully... do all this with the window up, but cracked open a little. also, before the door panel goes back on, make sure the latch works, both handles, and make sure that the frame is tight up against the door seal up top when closed. good luck

Old 09-08-2008, 07:17 AM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got mine out without taking the window frame out. I loosened the bottom window track bolt (inside the door) and gently pulled out on itso I made sure not to bend it. I had to work the actuator around a little bit but I eventually got it out and the new one back in. I had to removeitand put the new one back up near the place where it mounts as itis thewidest part of the door. It was a pain int he *** but if you take your time it will come out and go back together withou messing any thing up. Also make sure you have the linkage adjusted right and everything is working before you put the door pannel back on. I had to adjust mine and if I had not read all of the posts before noting that I would probably have to adjust I would have had to take the door pannel back off because it did not work correctly before my adjustment.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:17 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

it would have been faster to take the frame out, but good to know you got it done