General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

02' Disc II Window Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 07:10 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02' Disc II Window Problem

I'm not sure if this is the correct area to post this, if its not someone please direct me where to post this.

I have a 2002 Discovery II and the drivers side window works intermittently (more often not working). When it is not working there is no sound when I press the up/down button. Where should I start troubleshooting this problem? ECU? Regulator? The electrical wires running from the window/door into the vehicle? Something else? All other windows work except the front sunroof window, however this one does make one click when I press the up/down button. If anyone knows where to start on either one of these window problems let me know.

I would like to note that the drivers window used to work only if the door was mostly or all the way closed. If the door was wide open the window would not go up or down, but if I would close the door most of the way while pressing the button the window would move. I do not know if this is at all related to the problem mentioned above where it now only randomly works.

Please help, thanks!

Old 08-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a pinched or grounded wire where it goes through the rubber between the door and the chassis. This could also be a bad connection at the switch. I'd pull the switch out of the door panel and swap it with the one on the pass side and try it... if it works investigate the switch.... if not... investigate wiring.