General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1973 Land Rover help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 07:50 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1973 Land Rover help

Hi,
My husband owns a 1973 Land Rover. I can't say I like it but he's very very attached to it. He's put alot of work into it. We have one daughter, 11 months and plan on having another. Right now, he and our daughter fit comfortably in the front seat but I don't see how we can all travel in it when we become a family of 4. He's very upset about it. Does anyone have any ideas on how it can be converted to carry a family of 4? If not, he'll either have to get rid of the Land Rover and get a more family friendly car or we'll have to travel everywhere in my car. We can't afford for the Land Rover and a family car as the Land Rover's not paid off yet. Thanks for any help/ideas.
~Cheryl

Old 07-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

When my kids were little my (now) ex-wife wouldn't let them ride in my series rovers. That's why I bought my Discovery.
About the only thing I can think of is getting a rear bench seat from a Defender 90 and installing it in his Land Rover.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:03 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Charliesangels
Hi,
My husband owns a 1973 Land Rover. I can't say I like it but he's very very attached to it. He's put alot of work into it. We have one daughter, 11 months and plan on having another. Right now, he and our daughter fit comfortably in the front seat but I don't see how we can all travel in it when we become a family of 4. He's very upset about it. Does anyone have any ideas on how it can be converted to carry a family of 4? If not, he'll either have to get rid of the Land Rover and get a more family friendly car or we'll have to travel everywhere in my car. We can't afford for the Land Rover and a family car as the Land Rover's not paid off yet. Thanks for any help/ideas.
~Cheryl
I feel for you both. I can't imagine my wife being overly enthusiastic about our (now grown) childrentravelling about in a 70's agricultural death trap but on the other hand, your husband appears to have sunk a lot of sweat equity into the car and clearly it means something to him. Early Landrovers can fetch a decent price these days, perhaps the best compromise would be to sell both vehicles and maybe hit upon a suitable Discovery, Range Rover or somesuch which will both cover your own safety desires and his obvious passion for money pits.

Chris.