General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2.7L TDV6 lag/limb/pregnancy pause my fix

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2022, 03:18 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.7L TDV6 lag/limb/pregnancy pause my fix

2005 range rover sport 2.7L TDV6
​​​​​​Ok so this is is Mrs car Ive been trouble shooting for the last week or two give or take

Problem with the car was starting from a stop the car would take about 20 seconds to hit 40kms was slow as ****. Had zero power and the turbo wasn't kicking in at flat foot. So the car was due for a service so thought I would nip that in the butt while I was figuring out what was going on. Swapped the fuel, air and cab filter then dropped the oil and purged the line about ten Times (turn the ignition on and listen until the fuel filter is full it takes a good ten minutes or priming/purging. I got air in my system so had to bleed (easy job ) to fix if it happens. Once the car kicked back to life I still had the same lack of power and was terrified to take the truck out again but took it for a drive around the block went about as fast as my bmx bike! Got back home and started looking at the turbo. Inlet hose had no splits and took all the plastic guards and heat shields to look at the turbo hoses still no splits. ( Easy way to check your turbo is still humming just crack the top inlet hose clamp and have some one rev the hell out of it and you should feel alot of air flowing out. Again still no splits and hoses all fitted properly. Spent the next morning scrolling through forums so I turned my attention to the MAF sensor and fuel injectors. Went to auto one (or any care repair shop) and got some contact cleaner to clean the MAF sensor both ends and some injector cleaner that's goes into the fuel tank. Did both of that and spent about 10 minutes in park keeping the RPMs at between 1500-3000 to try clean the fuel system. After a while I started going between drive and reverse and that boost when you put your foot down started to come back!!! The car seems to run like it did when I brought it. I'll fill the tank full later today.

I've seen alot of posts on this issue l, my car had no fault lights come up but had no guts and there a quick car on a good day. Hopefully I can help someone out because I hate paying a dealer 😂😂 total cost in Aussie dollars $478 bargain for a range rover that won't run properly 👍