General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

93 Classic fans, radio clock problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 08:25 AM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Classic fans, radio clock problem

I have a 93 Rover Classic -- yesterday suddenly lost all power for theheat/air fan, radio and clock. Checked dash fuses - all ok. Is there a relay or another fuse that powers these things? If so, anyone know where they are located? (It's aleft hand driver.)

Thanks for the help!

Old 07-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Three Wheeling
Default RE: 93 Classic fans, radio clock problem

Try this site, it has been a help to me in the past, mine is a Right Hand Drive, I'm located in Australiaand the site is English but I think it translates fairly well, most electricals are reversed.

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/l...ver/electrical

Hope this helps, good luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 AM
6th Gear

Thank you! Do you have any idea where a fuse/relay might be for a left hand driver? Is it still in the passenger footwell?

Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Three Wheeling

There are some PDF manuals that can be downloaded from this site that have left drivers as the illustration but they are for '87 model but worth a look, I haven't been able to find any manuals either on Disk or printed that suit '93 RR, I have spoken to a number of people in UK and USA.

My '93 has relays in both footwells and under seats both sides and in the dash above the steering column but I suspect your problem is fuses.

On the Rimmer site I sent you there is some reference to VIN numbers in the list of relays so use that as a guide.

Have a look at this site it maybe usefull to you, good luck, dont forget to let us know what you find out..

http://www.landrover.ee/est/varia/downloads/cars.htm

Old 07-09-2007, 02:49 PM
6th Gear

Terrific! These manuals are a great help -- I think i've already located some additional fuses i need to check. Thanks again and will let you know the outcome--

Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 AM
6th Gear

An update -- i went through all electricals - fuses, relays, everything. No failures. Then someone on another board suggested that it could be in the cable coming off the battery -- going into a mesh sleeve. Inside that sleeve are 9 fusable links which could be corroded. This could explain numerous other failures i've had over time -- with no known reason -- drivers seat, dome light, windshield washer pump.

Will take a look and see if this could be the cause.

Old 07-10-2007, 09:49 AM
Three Wheeling

This is an Aussie forum, that has been left to enthusiasts tokeep going, there are no pointers on the WWW to this site so it will not show up in a Google search, almost everyone here is a hands on owner with a wealth of knowledge built on experience, with some here having owned10 plus Rangies over the years.

The forum has been in existance for many years and some people have moved or favour newer style boards with archives but still return here to offer some help.

Well worth keeping an eye on especially if you have a RR Classic.

http://members.boardhost.com/blumx/index.html

Caution don't lose the address because you may never find it again.

Good luck.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:10 AM
6th Gear

The problem was in fact, that one of the fusible links had come apart -- I took the mesh off the wire bundle and saw the problem instantly -- reconnected the link, wrapped back up and everything works perfectly now. Thanks again for the help!