General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

98 HSE Issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 04:00 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 HSE Issue

I'm new to this Forum and I thought I would join it not just for this issue but for any others and more info I can learn etc.

I just bougth a 1998 Range Rover HSE with 155,000 KMS on it (thats right Im in Canada haha) Any ways, while I driove it around the first day all day long it ran fine but had no heat at all and the temp guage was always on cold but SOMETIMES went up a bit then back down (one time going to half way then dropping down again) I did some research on no heat issues and found out I should check the coolent level. Turns out it needed a whole jug and a quarter of coolent. NOW IT HAS HEAT! BUT the guage still doesnt work (still being wierd) Maybe seperate issue? So what I'm wondering is do you think its ok now? why would there be no coolent in it? can I have damaged anything else? (I checked with previous owner and he said he didnt know why it was low) The truck drives perfect though and its NEVER started spuing out coolent or anything. No coolent leaks detected how ever I'm scared to drive this vehicle cause of this issue and other issues there known for. I just have it parked and driving my beater. I love these things but they have SOMANY problems! Please help! (but dont scare me!) HAHA

Thanks.