General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AC Compressor working - Blowers not

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 AM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Compressor working - Blowers not

AC compressor working on 2000 disc but no air (neither hot in winter/cold in summer) coming out vents front or rear. I've exchanged the front blower motor, and fuses. Front's control panel digital panel seems fine. But how can I be sure? Before stopping completely, would hear chirping sound on front's lower speeds settings.

Old 06-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Drifting
Talking No Blow

5hamsters,

There is a two wire connector (white) located close to the blower motor assy. that heats up and goes open. If that is ok check your voltage at the fuse box (under steering column) Excessive resistence within the fuse box with render the blower inop (too little current) Voltage drop. Good luck! ibis1

Old 06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

Other wise it is the control panel that has failed.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:52 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by ibis1
5hamsters,

There is a two wire connector (white) located close to the blower motor assy. that heats up and goes open. If that is ok check your voltage at the fuse box (under steering column) Excessive resistence within the fuse box with render the blower inop (too little current) Voltage drop. Good luck! ibis1
Thanks. The panel opens the damper (vent under dash) when ac control button is press. But the blower motor is not engaged. So does this mean the control panel is bad, or what would I need to do about the voltage drop if that is the case?

Old 06-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Drifting
Talking No Blow

Originally Posted by 5hamsters
Thanks. The panel opens the damper (vent under dash) when ac control button is press. But the blower motor is not engaged. So does this mean the control panel is bad, or what would I need to do about the voltage drop if that is the case?
5hamsters, I have seen very little failure of the control panel. Your problem is most likely either of the two things I mentioned. Take a voltage reading at the blower motor, but remember the blower speed is controlled on the ground side. There are a couple of relays and a resister in the circuit. If you think you can follow the wiring diagram, I could email it to you. ibis1

Old 06-08-2010, 09:52 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree never seen a control panel fail --but that connector heats up and loses contact to the blower circuit is more common problem-- i see that alot

Old 06-09-2010, 09:08 AM
5th Gear
Default AC Compressor working - Blower not

Originally Posted by ibis1
5hamsters, I have seen very little failure of the control panel. Your problem is most likely either of the two things I mentioned. Take a voltage reading at the blower motor, but remember the blower speed is controlled on the ground side. There are a couple of relays and a resister in the circuit. If you think you can follow the wiring diagram, I could email it to you. ibis1
Yes, I'd appreciate the wiring diagram.

Old 06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Drifting
Talking Wiring diagram

Originally Posted by 5hamsters
Yes, I'd appreciate the wiring diagram.
Send me your email address. Also year of vehicle and it does have rear air as well correct? ibis1