General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

BG coolant sealer/leak disco II

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 10:43 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BG coolant sealer/leak disco II

Ok per the forums request i tried the BG coolant sealer on my 2002 disco II...i was loosing a lot of coolant filling resevoir every 2 days. I put the BG in the radiator T-hose, half in towards the radiator and half towards the engine...did everything per instructions. lost coolant as i was running the engine for 45 minutes as part of directions but after sitting over night i topped off coolant and must have done its job becuase no more leaks if any minor leak. yesterday my hose popped off of the lower end of the left part of the T-from Radiator where it connects to some sort of housing that runs another hose to the heater core whatever. I am thinking when i poured the BG in at the T i pulled up on the hoses so the fluid would pour down...and im thinking i must have pulled that hose loose where it came off yesterday. I re attached the hose filled with water because thats all i had on me....i lost most of the water on the way home and now i have added anti freeze and its leaking again. My thoughts are that because i lost all of my coolant and sealer when hose popped off that is why its leaking again. cont....

Old 09-12-2012, 10:45 AM
4wd High

Will it hurt to add BG again, follow process again and this time B sure to clamp hoses harder because it was working fine. I am going to trade vehicle at dealership anyway and will mention the problem, its no secret these things have head gasket issues.

i just want to be sure it wont hurt anything to add more BG as it worked the first time and if there could have been something else to cause the problem. The truck runs great and i have no steam or smoke coming from the engine, just losing coolant. I day prior to the hose coming off i off roaded pretty hard which could have jarred that fitting loose even more. But i drove it couple hundred miles that day and didnt lose any coolant. Thanks in advance for all the help, the forum has been great. And just in case misery enjoys company i have always had the three amigos, rear door isnt flush(leaks), MAF engine symbol, both front windows broke those metal fittings had to be replaced....THE LAND ROVER EXPERIENCE...but the truck has always run great and been a beast off road!

Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 PM
TReK
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

never tell them anything about the vehicle. just fix the leaks, clean the engine with it running and make sure no check engine lights and it starts and runs good. Clean the vehicle inside and out and hope for the best but expect the worse. Or you could just sell it privately and get more for it.

Old 09-17-2012, 12:44 PM
4wd High

there has been check engine lights since i bought it....from the same dealer