General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Brakes/Rotors/Sensors

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brakes/Rotors/Sensors

I confess I've never serviced a New Shape (L322) RR's brakes, but I've done everything else on all other models. Here are some screen shots of the shop manual section regarding brakes. I don't know if they will all fit on one post but here it is. I've done most of my shopping at Britsh Pacific and Marty is very helpful.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Drifting

They wouldn't all fit on one.

Old 05-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Drifting

last picture

Old 05-04-2007, 05:51 PM
8th Gear

I have a 2000 Disco and I just replaced all the rotors and pads for under $500 (DIY). Excellent deals at Roverparts.com. I also got a set of Bilstien Shocks and a Steering Damper from them. Parts and Labor are hard to find in Haiti so I do most the work myself when I drive across to the Dominican Republic. I just bought an Actron autoscranner because my ABS/TC/DHC lights all came on and now my Service Engine soon light. Should be a good investment since it only cost me $99 from JC Whitney. The Land Rover Dealer in the DR wants to charge $100 to read the codes! At least now I have my very own reader.
Maybe someone here can help me with a recent problem.... The car runs smooth while driving but during hard braking the steering wheel vibrates and only during braking. Any ideas what might be causing this??

Old 05-07-2007, 12:26 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the help guys. The truck has 33,000 miles on it. I have a 5-ton jack and plenty of tools. I just don't want to get into it and realize I'm missing tools.Greg, would it be possible for you to email me the pdfs that you attached above? They are printing out condensed and are difficult to read. My email is yyjsmith@lenoxnational.comyy (without y's).

Old 05-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Three Wheeling

This product should be everything I need, correct?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9540HP.cfm

Old 05-07-2007, 12:44 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: DISCOHAITI
I just bought an Actron autoscranner because my ABS/TC/DHC lights all came on and now my Service Engine soon light. Should be a good investment since it only cost me $99 from JC Whitney. The Land Rover Dealer in the DR wants to charge $100 to read the codes! At least now I have my very own reader.
Well unfortunately that is $99 wasted if you plan on using it to read your ABS codes. Land Rover and wealthy independent shops have the market cornered on reading and clearing those codes. Your scanner won't help you.

Old 05-07-2007, 12:45 PM
Three Wheeling

ORIGINAL: sysroute

This product should be everything I need, correct?

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/9540HP.cfm

Minus the tools and beer that is everything. You might want to grab some antisqueel spray for the back of the pads as extra insurance. A squeel can trigger the amigos and its cheap insurance against having to pay the dealer to clear the codes.

Old 05-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Three Wheeling

Alright guys. I have the pads in and am ready to start this project. The directions look handy but unfortanutely I can't view the whole page. I really need to see the whole page so I know I'm not missing any steps. If you can email them to sysroute@yahoo.com it would be a great help. Or if someone can point me to some directions...

Old 05-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Administrator
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts

I didn't see if you mentioned having a hand held impact driver, which you will probably need to break loose the # 4 phillips head that holds the rotor to the hub.
Mike

Quick Reply: Brakes/Rotors/Sensors