General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Compressor runing all the time

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2017, 12:05 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Compressor runing all the time

I've been getting the suspension warning light for a week or so on my Disco 3. I pulled fuse F26 then left the car overnight and the front end dropped both sides. I dismantled and cleaned the front valve block. After this the warning light still came on but when I again pulled the fuse and left it overnight nothing dropped at all. Next step was to buy and fit a compressor repair kit consisting of piston seal, and drier components. Car pumped up quickly but after a few minutes light came on again. When cold it takes about five minutes before light comes on, after that when I turn ignition off and on again the light comes on in a few seconds. The compressor runs continuously and i suspect the warning light is coming on because the compressor is overheating.
I'm assuming that there is a leak or a faulty pressure sensor on the compressor. I've read that the exhaust valve can leak but unfortunately the kit didn't have replacement bits for this and I wasn't aware of this when I overhauled the compressor so didn't touch that part of it.
Does anyone have any ideas how to diagnose the problem? I was thinking of buying a i930 diagnostic tool does anyone know if this will diagnose this type of issue?
Thanks